My New Fishing Wagon

Elton

I reckon I could get my fly rod in it, but that's about it!

Steve,

Take a leaf out of my book - click here :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite nice Steve W, but obviously no match for mine B)

Well, obviously! :D

It's a damned sight more civilised than the Lotus anyway - sitting six inches off the ground with the engine behind your head is a wee bit noisy...

Mind you, based on what you got into your car for Wingham, with your packing skills I reckon you could pack my entire house into the Subaru!

• 2 weeks later...

The Legacy just passed its M.O.T. with no work needed :)

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

• 1 year later...

For the record, it passed again this year. I had to fit a new cat. Nothing wrong with the old one, but the pipe had corroded. Anyway, £90 off eBay and she's good for another year :)

I have really enjoyed the banter on this one B) Scoobies are masters at 4WD and the new Elton fishing wagon should prove excellent if a little thirsty. My 4WD, an Audi A3 TDi Quattro that has been mapped on top of the huge amount of power it left the factory with is rapid on the road but more than a tad too low to the ground for anything more than a bowling green :P:lol:

Glyn, I have to agree your wagon is excellent!

I have really enjoyed the banter on this one B) Scoobies are masters at 4WD and the new Elton fishing wagon should prove excellent if a little thirsty. My 4WD, an Audi A3 TDi Quattro that has been mapped on top of the huge amount of power it left the factory with is rapid on the road but more than a tad too low to the ground for anything more than a bowling green :P:lol:

Glyn, I have to agree your wagon is excellent!

I bet my Evo's lower....and possibly thirstier. That's why it doesn't go fishing :D

He he definitely thirstier unless the Evo does at least 40 mpg. Doubt whether the Audi is as quick in a straight line either ;)

You seriously get 40mpg? I Reckon I get 15-20 most of the time, but don't really do 'journeys' with it any more, preferring just to thrash it now and again.

That said, it has been carp fishing a few times in the past. :)

The old Subaru does 30-ish on a run, but has no performance to speak of.

I have averaged 44 MPG over the last 950 miles most of which have been travelling to and from work and the car has not been in 6th for long. Mapping has improved the MPG as well as the performance. My son's 2 wheel drive car with the same engine and box does around 50 MPG as does my Mondy 2.0 TDCi :)