Bait Boat

Andy_1984

Hi all ,

My first post ,

Just did a google search for Build bait boat, and the thread from last year was up top ( and one of the only usefull results ) ,

that lead to this follow up thread .

I must just say , what a great find, this Hariot amphibious boat/tank is , for the cheepskates in all of us.

I also , have been looking at loads of R/C boats, and thinking of ways to modify them to drop bait/hook ,like a baitboat does.

this weeks angling times/mail ( sorry cant remember which one it is and me dads got them now so cant check )has a floating feader pot for pole fishermen .

i see that and start imagining all ways of attaching it/ towing it behind a R/C boat, rigging up a small servo to turn the cup , but now, no need .

I can only find the Hariot amphibious tank for sale, but as a bonus , it fires 6mm BB's OR , im sure 6mm boiles/pellets , lol .

Now im sitting, giggling like a school kid, thinking of the £40 bait boat with small pellet/boilie cannon on top .

Thanks Andy , for following up the old thread with this one.

Oh, any info on its range / how far out this thing works to, i did look, but could only find one little bit of info that said about 30m - 40m's .

have you tested urs to the full ?

Thanks again

Jay

• 2 months later...
Hi all ,

My first post ,

Just did a google search for Build bait boat, and the thread from last year was up top ( and one of the only usefull results ) ,

that lead to this follow up thread .

I must just say , what a great find, this Hariot amphibious boat/tank is , for the cheepskates in all of us.

I also , have been looking at loads of R/C boats, and thinking of ways to modify them to drop bait/hook ,like a baitboat does.

this weeks angling times/mail ( sorry cant remember which one it is and me dads got them now so cant check )has a floating feader pot for pole fishermen .

i see that and start imagining all ways of attaching it/ towing it behind a R/C boat, rigging up a small servo to turn the cup , but now, no need .

I can only find the Hariot amphibious tank for sale, but as a bonus , it fires 6mm BB's OR , im sure 6mm boiles/pellets , lol .

Now im sitting, giggling like a school kid, thinking of the £40 bait boat with small pellet/boilie cannon on top .

Thanks Andy , for following up the old thread with this one.

Oh, any info on its range / how far out this thing works to, i did look, but could only find one little bit of info that said about 30m - 40m's .

have you tested urs to the full ?

Thanks again

Jay

sorry for the extremely long time it has taken to respond i did not know there was any new posts on this topic.

i think perhaps the max range for this would be 70/80ft i only really managed to test it to 40ft then had to leave but i guess ill try it again soon and see when it stops to respond

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Andy bring that with you when we go deadbaiting. I can think of a very nice weedbed that could do with an accurate line of baits along it.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Andy bring that with you when we go deadbaiting. I can think of a very nice weedbed that could do with an accurate line of baits along it.

will do

i found another 2 batteries exactly the same kind...... also from my nephews radio controlled cars :D should get about an hours use out of it

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

i think perhaps the max range for this would be 70/80ft i only really managed to test it to 40ft then had to leave but i guess ill try it again soon and see when it stops to respond

Great idea but if the max range is around 80ft. is it not a bit limited? Or do you just like the pin point accuracy :D

I've seen this idea around for a while but never thought I would have a use for it. But I just cant resist the child in me from having a play with one so I got this one HERE for £31.98 inc postage...and it hasnt come from bloody Hong Kong either!

It even has a BB pellet gun on the top for getting rid of the swans! :::I didnt say that...just joking:::

I think one or two mesh cups tied or glued to the wheels would do better as I could see on the video that the plastic tub may get dragged under on when bringing it back up. I'll also keep it attached to an old butt section of a rod and old reel with the bail arm off just in case it goes out of range or stops working.

Love it!

I thought bait boats were a modern affliction, but I was reading BB's Confessions... the other night and he advocated the use of a small wind-up toy boat as a method of taking out floating crust hookbait. Written in 1950!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music