Looking for an adaptable fishing rod

fruitloopy

I am posting on behalf of my father who is looking for a rod which can be used for a multitude of applications such as ledgering/method, float fishing. He has not mentioned the test curve but he doesnt go for big carp so I would guess anything in a range of 1.75 to 2.5lb. He would prefer a rod of 12ft - 13ft but this must be at least three peice breaking down to no more than 4ft 6inches and doesnt want to spend any more than £100.

I will be doing some research but does anyone have a recommendation?

I am posting on behalf of my father who is looking for a rod which can be used for a multitude of applications such as ledgering/method, float fishing. He has not mentioned the test curve but he doesnt go for big carp so I would guess anything in a range of 1.75 to 2.5lb. He would prefer a rod of 12ft - 13ft but this must be at least three peice breaking down to no more than 4ft 6inches and doesnt want to spend any more than £100.

I will be doing some research but does anyone have a recommendation?

1.75 - 2.5lb tc would be too heavy for the kind of fishing you describe - I'd have a look at some of the stepped-up 'commercial' float rods. These would be ideal for float fishing and legering (with a bobbin) and would be able to handle anything except very large carp. For method fishing you'd probably need something heavier.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I use one rod for most of my fishing, a 12ft 1.5lb greys x-flite barbel. its two piece but the best rod ive ever used, theres also a quiver section and three quiver tips that come with it. I would recommend it to anyone who only wants to buy one rod.

Thanks for the suggestions. I dont think he will be able to find a rod to cover all of his needs, especially one for method feeding so I will advise him to get himself a dedicated method rod and one of these suggested rods for float & feeder.

I really like the Greys X-Flite Barbel but the price is slightly off putting!

Cheers.