Light lure rod ?

Croix

Hi Danny, nice to hear from you

Yes, been doing quite a bit of light luring lately, mainly for chub and perch on the Derwent. I've got an ambition to catch a 3lb+ perch, biggest so far has been 2lb 15oz, so getting pretty close :)

I've had a few pike on the lures we swapped, mainly on the S/bait and FT flipper.

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croix

What with Duty, VAT and carriage, I don't reckon you're gonna have much change out of 80 quid.... and you're gonna have to wait a while.

Can't believe the PS is gonna be that much better than an Abu Suveran or Daiwa Samurai which you can still get for 50 quid~ish. I've never used the Shimano one so I can't comment.

We'll see and I'm sure you'll be telling us about the PS.

I have a couple of Croix jobbies for my jerk bait fishing etc :cool:

Geezer

Probably nearer £110 I reckon, should arrive at my door next Tues or Weds with DHL. The Shimano is £99 retail although I dare say they can be had for a fair bit less.

Whether it'll be a better actioned rod than the Daiwa or Abu is a personal choice thing, I had an 8' Samurai which I thought had a really sloppy action which I didn't like at all, maybe the 7' version is better as I know a few people who rate the rod highly but the 8' one I had put me off.

Most of the american rods I've tried have an action far more to my liking than the majority of the rods on offer in the UK, although I think we're now catching up especially with the heavier lure rods for jerkbaits and heavy lures.

Dave