is ABU going to the wall

chesters1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phone - MO is UK + 6.

Dave - UK version of zip code I think.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

yes the zipcode box (unlike some other sites) wont alow postcodes (unless ofcourse you leave a bit off)

still no answer from them :mad:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I used to fish using Abu spoons, never found anything to better them. Bit expensive but worth it. Now I am back near the sea I have been looking around for some more. But there are none to be found. The site in the USA has rods and reels only, the Swedish site is closed and the UK one doesn't exist. Can anyone shed light on where I can get hold of any?

I e-mailed Abu last night to find out why my Mitchell 300X spools were so slow in coming. I sent an e-mail through their US website (I lied in some fields - I apparently live in Aylesbury, New York!) rather than purefishing.co.uk, who I've never received a reply from.

This is the reply I got:

"we have had the spools in for the 300x reel and have only just ran out of

stock so all the retailers that have orderd them would have got them.

the next shipment of spools is due in the next 10 days so i would suggest

that if you have had no joy ordering via a retailer p[lease order direct.

to do so please call the service centre on 01606-842802."

MarkV:

I used to fish using Abu spoons, never found anything to better them. Bit expensive but worth it. Now I am back near the sea I have been looking around for some more. But there are none to be found. The site in the USA has rods and reels only, the Swedish site is closed and the UK one doesn't exist. Can anyone shed light on where I can get hold of any?

I'm a great fan of Abu Atoms (as is Leon and Ray Farrell amongst other members). From the brginning of this year Atoms were no longer imported into the UK. Pure Fishing, who now own Abu as well as Berkeley, tell me it's because there's insuffient demand. I think I'm right in saying though that they're still available on the Continent (for instance Germany) where more lure fishing is done.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

spindle:

I e-mailed Abu last night to find out why my Mitchell 300X spools were so slow in coming. I sent an e-mail through their US website (I lied in some fields - I apparently live in Aylesbury, New York!) rather than purefishing.co.uk, who I've never received a reply from.

This is the reply I got:

"we have had the spools in for the 300x reel and have only just ran out of

stock so all the retailers that have orderd them would have got them.

the next shipment of spools is due in the next 10 days so i would suggest

that if you have had no joy ordering via a retailer p[lease order direct.

to do so please call the service centre on 01606-842802."

Thanks Spindle, I for one will do just as they say. Its pathetic that we have to go to the US to get what we need when they are manufactured in France. Good old US of A!!

action , got a exploded diagram from pure fishing in the post today (for the part numbers),unfortunatly for a cardinal gold max 2 (i may have not been detailed enough in my e`mail) unfortunatly its a 507 gold max 2 (why do they use the same names for different models :confused: ) so have e`mailed them again :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson