Daiwa Connoisseur Feeder Rod

argyll

Picked up a nice Daiwa Connoisseur feeder rod on ebay over the weekend. It has only one quiver tip, coloured chartreuse (yellowy green). Does anyone know what the different colour tips are rated at and is it true that all of the Daiwa and Drennan tips are interchangeable?

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most tackle shops have a selection of spare tips (mine does) Take your top section with you to make sure it fits. Cost about 12-13 quid each.

Ben

If you cant get hold of the right tops try buying the drennan or Diawa ones and cuting/sanding them down to size, they tend to be larger diameter than most other manufacturers but obviously check first. I have two shimano tip rods that have a combination of diawa and drennan tops. Also keep a look out for some from browning tips, I bought 4 last year at the Decathalon store in London for the price of one of the Daiwa tips .

'I bought 4 last year at the Decathalon store in London for the price of one of the Daiwa tips '

Do Decathlon now stock fishing tackle or was that just a 'one-off' ?

[ 18. August 2005, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]