anyone braving the cold this weekend?

viney

That is scary and not funny at all. I hope you and all suffering in those conditions keep warm and safe.

Thank you, I shall. I almost expected to see a wooly mammoth, a giant sloth and a sabre toothed tiger trecking across the lake.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, I shall. I almost expected to see a wooly mammoth, a giant sloth and a sabre toothed tiger trecking across the lake.
Probably the odd yeti too. All the mullet are gone now so I'll not be out again until the water temperature gets up to about 8 or 10 C. It may take some time.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I just popped out to collect something from the PO sorting office and nearly span the car twice, despite driving very carefully and going even more slowly than usual...and since I've got back the snow has really started to build up. So, no, I don't think I will :D

It'll be after xmas before I get out again. I didn't go last weekend because I was too ill, so I'm having a nice little break and recharging the batteries.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Small dose of Man flu and this snow means i won`t be going as the roads are only going to get worse ,Rusty i think it`s prob best we give it a miss this weekend Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Rusty i think it`s prob best we give it a miss this weekend Steve.

I think you're right. Just got back from the works bash, a 25 mile drive and I was fortunate to get back at all so won't be going anywhere soon.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I think you're right. Just got back from the works bash, a 25 mile drive and I was fortunate to get back at all so won't be going anywhere soon.

Sore head perchance ???? :rolleyes::drunk::drunk: .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I shall be spending a few hours trotting for grayling, possibly trying out my split cane rod.

So who else is grabbing the thermals and getting out there?

Popping out for at least 4 hours on the Wensum, after some good winter chub...lots of snow here in Norfolk so my hands and feet may freeze!

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

I shall be spending a few hours trotting for grayling, possibly trying out my split cane rod.

So who else is grabbing the thermals and getting out there?

I was wanting to get to sumners lakes to fish with steve gardners lot and was really looking forward to it , but made a reluctant phone call this morning at 5.30 to say im chicken .

With the snow thats fallen since then im glad i made the right desision cause there not gonna get their cars out later after match .

Still wanna be there thou :g:

ponds been frozen since 26th of nov ,its even too thick for bricking .trouble is under its frozen layer are my traps ,it will be interesting to see whats in them when it thaws a one eyed bruiser of a crayfish sitting surrounded by a mound of body parts or a crayfish commune on a hunger strike only time will tell

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson