What Brought You Here

Guest Elton

Guest waterman1013

Hi Elton et al

I think I found you with a search engine smile.gif

The BB is so good I keep running out of time to read all the posts, so at the moment Isort of skip through them. I have nearly all the other angling sites saved as "favourites" but I only ever come now. I feel it is a freindly community, even if the occassional wind up comes along!

The recent posts demanding real names are interesting because I signed in as waterman1013 so that if I got snowed with junk to an e-mail address I could just let that address sink out of site without having my "real" e-mail exposed to piles of c**p.

In fact I needn't have worried because it has never happened.

But I think everyone who wants to know now knows that I am really me. Keep up the good work. This is THE BEST BY FAR!!!

Mike Heylin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Graham E

I was out fishing and a friend said " have you seen that site that Elton runs" and

I wanted to filtch some music for a party and...........

A Great bunch of real fisherman, with differing views and interesting debates are what makes it so successful.

Graham

Guest atomtubbie

Hi,

I can't remember how I first got here, but i'm glad I did, and the forum is the only forum i've ever wanted to read or contribute to.

Dont ever stop the good work, well except to go fishing smile.gif

Geoff

Guest Leon Roskilly

I was walking around Ardingly resevoir with this young Elton fella (who used to go fishing and chat on uk.rec.fishing.coarse), and he said 'I've got this idea for a website......'

Later in the day, I fell in!!

Tight Lines - leon

Guest chevin

posted 17 August 2000 08:27 PM

Don't you remember, *Murph? You said, 'Oi, you fat poof - I want some articles, pronto - and I'm

payin' you knob-all!'*

Well you never called me that but you told me that you would pay me even less! You were true to your word too! Not to worry, I like an honest man, and thanks for the T shirt mate. The comments I get when I wear it at my kiosk are, at times, quite amusing. Trouble is, I can't afford to lose that amount of trade, I am going to give it to a nearby competitor.

Good luck with the site, it really is a good one.

Originally posted by chevin:

Not to worry, I like an honest man, and thanks for the T shirt mate. The comments I get when I wear it at my kiosk are, at times, quite amusing. Trouble is, I can't afford to lose that amount of trade, I am going to give it to a nearby competitor.  

Good luck with the site, it really is a good one.

You know what, mate, I reckon you and my mum are holding up the 'International Anglers' Net T-shirt Wearing Division' superbly! Let me have a pic one day - yours is the only Anglers' Net T-shirt that has ever seen the sun!!

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest big al

hi elton only bought the computer about 2 months ago wifes work demanded it.mike heylin gave me the address been hooked ever since i think that word of e mail ie people telling other people will always get more responce than advertising .so keep up the good work and thanks

Awesome site, has me in stitches sometimes and is also educational. The first forum I've posted a couple of beginnerish questions to, and got the answers I needed without being made to feel I was wasting anyones time.

Looking forward to meeting you bods at Emberton.

Paul