What Brought You Here

Guest Elton

Guest Steve Burke
Originally posted by Pete156:

However, it's a shame that some of those posting messages are unable to spell/type or even put words into a sentence that we can understand.

Pete, this is Anglers' Net, not Writers' Net!

Anglers come from a cross section of the whole community, and so naturally they'll be a big variation between members in their typing skills and their english. Bear in mind that, unlike printed magazines, bulletin boards are unedited. This gives them a lot more character, and enables personalities to come across.

The one thing we have in common is that we're all "brothers of the angle" - and this is all that's really important.

Anyway, I'm glad you've found some useful ideas and welcome to our happy band!

P.s. The correct spelling is receiving, but we won't hold it against you!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

[This message has been edited by Steve Burke (edited 03 February 2001).]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it over a year ago in the angling times of all places.It used to list a few sites every week which I used to check out.But after checking out anglersnet I never bothered with any others again.

Guest Keith Truscott
Originally posted by 'eelfisher':

Dear Graham E,

Mike actually told me to undress....have I been duped?

Steve.

Eelfisher, surely you got worried when he asked you to put on that sheepskin coat????

Keith

Guest 'eelfisher'

Dear Keith,

Only the sheep got worried...I must admit to being niave in all these outdoor/rural sports. However, Mike said the photos wouldn't come out, so I should have nothing to fret about. (Wanted to use the word 'worried' there but I knew you would pick me up...and those last few words reminds me of the opening line Mike made when we first met.)

The good news is that I have a new pet. He is called 'tock' and he transfered from the sheep to me without causing too much distress in the process.

This has gone completely daft...thank God it is the end of the thread.

Steve.

Guest Keith Truscott

Hi Steve,

it's ok you don't have to justify your actions to us we understand perfectly.

The country term for worried sheep is when they have been chased or atacked by a dog, hence Elton taking on the apearence of his new pet, but why he went for a spotted one is a bit "worrying"

Hope you and Tock get on well.

Keith

WORRYING