Petition to save coastguard stations

seafoods

Bob coastguards all over the country are up in arms and you say no goverment would introduce anything without thinking it through margeret thatcher made one of worst blunders in our political history introducing the poll tax which was totally wrong i think this petition will gain massive support this is all about saving money it wouldnt make news headlines if it was the right decision boffins in offices being there jobs worth.

Bob it was john prescot who originally after advice from cival servants trying to save money thought the idea up but dropped the idea after massive oposition that was 10 years ago Tory Party Chairman Michael Ancram said the closures were embarrassing for Mr Prescott to announce but they themselves 10 years later are implementing them hipocrites

paul.

Hi ya Paul

Hope your well and how is the Cod fishing going up there in your neck of the woods?

Now this MCA thing, for sure there are some upset folk around the country because some of their jobs are going, but rather than say that, they know full well the scare tactic will get them more of a chance of holding on to these jobs.

That in turn would mean retaining old equipment, old seventies technology, that is incompatible to other agencies, particularly helicopters and will increasingly put lives at risk.

You explain that JP put the plan forward some ten years ago then dropped it and now ten years on in which the technology has advanced massively you claim it to be hypocritical to look at it again. Clearly those in the civil service who have worked on the plan see the credibility in the idea and have now got the backing of the coalition.

You also liken the situation to Lady Thatcher and the pole tax and suggest the idea of charging every one the same for local services as totally wrong. It was the biggest mistake the UK left wing ever made is my view and now we are saddled with the crazy banding system. All a bit of topic of course but that’s C and P

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this MCA thing, for sure there are some upset folk around the country because some of their jobs are going, but rather than say that, they know full well the scare tactic will get them more of a chance of holding on to these jobs.

Bob something like 200 or less jobs will be lost if this goes ahead - if you think this is about jobs you are even more deluded than your rantings on WSF for the last couple of months would imply

That in turn would mean retaining old equipment, old seventies technology, that is incompatible to other agencies, particularly helicopters and will increasingly put lives at risk.

pure bullshit, the only other rescue service which can directly communicate with SAR helicopters is the coastguard service - where do you get your totally wrong information from? Planet Bob?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Bob, including yourself, but for gods sake stop trying to justify something you know nothing about, this nonsense will put lives at risk if it goes ahead - I know, I'm a coastguard. It would be much better for everyone if you just went back to ruinining the Cornish RSA's future in your self appointed position as their representative and stopped interfering with something which could cost many RSA's, and other folk from around the UK, their lives.

Hi ya Paul

Hope your well and how is the Cod fishing going up there in your neck of the woods?

You explain that JP put the plan forward some ten years ago then dropped it and now ten years on in which the technology has advanced massively you claim it to be hypocritical to look at it again. Clearly those in the civil service who have worked on the plan see the credibility in the idea and have now got the backing of the coalition.

You also liken the situation to Lady Thatcher and the pole tax and suggest the idea of charging every one the same for local services as totally wrong. It was the biggest mistake the UK left wing ever made is my view and now we are saddled with the crazy banding system. All a bit of topic of course but that’s C and P

Bob hope you are keeping well i have spoken to the lads from our local RNLI station i know most of them personally and there view which i respect fully that is if anything is going off is that the people they are dealing will not know anything of the local areas i myself have spoken to humber coastguard of many many occasions during my time as charter skipper and they know the area very well most serious incidents seem to happen during the evening period or through the night that is the patten of things humber coastguard will not be manned what to save a few quid sorry bob madness ill thought and dangerous just recently one of the local trawler fleet ran aground and was lost during the early hours the RNLI and humber coastguard cordinated the rescue and the no persons were lost thank god errors will occor with the new system you can be sure of that the lads in the RNLI are against it that tells you everything .

As for the poll tax anything was better than that you cant have a man in one bedrrom flat paying the same as sombody living in 10 bedroom mansion the poll tax the word tax in my book is on the ablilty to pay so you are paying the same on a very low paid job as to one of stock exchange worker who all earn no less than six figure numbers and most seven figure most people with big salaries they usually live in big houses or very expensive ones the poll tax was a sham and was rightly scrapped the guy who lives down the road from me in our village who owns a very large house with stables probably worth well over a million pounds but he did start with nothing and new jst what it was like to start at the bottom said to me paul i am embarrassed by this tax when it was introduced he was right it was an embarressment it was saveing the very well off in our society a fortune and was a snub to less well off the banding system isnt perfect but by lord it is better and fairer than the poll tax.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I agree with seafoods on this one.

The project “will lead to a loss of local accountability and a loss of local knowledge including details of local rescue plans, operating procedures, personnel, local dialects and place names.

I believe the loss of local knowledge was responsible for the death of three anglers in Loch Ryan a few years ago. The helicopter was searching in the wrong place for the first vital forty minutes.

I guess we have to be thankful the RNLI are independent; at least the government can't mess with their services.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Bob hope you are keeping well i have spoken to the lads from our local RNLI station i know most of them personally .....

Hi Paul good reply and far more respectful than many on this very serious matter.

You mention the fact that the Humber Coastguard will close as will many more but the 24/7 cover will still be there in exactly the same way but will have the added facility of better equipment and highly trained staff which if you read the report is the plan.

The MCA are confident that this is the way forward and are aware that changes like this will worry people, remember when you first used a computer?

Most important is it will not be operational until tried and tested so stop worrying and don’t fall for the scare mongers who say lives will be put at risk they won’t.

Poll tax is for a service provided by a council so why should some one have to pay more to say have their bin emptied because they have a big house.

Just the same for example, as a chap in a one bedroom flat who will pay the same for his broadband service as the bloke in a big house?

What we have now is a house; say with six people living under the one roof paying the same as your chap who lives on his own, result the one chap is now paying toward the six and he may have far less in his bank account than any of the other six.

Ability to pay was always there for those on benefit just as they are with the current system. It was a good and fair idea impo and was put down by the left who were still mad at the government for taming the unions.

Edited by Deene'0

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Bob, including yourself, but for gods sake stop trying to justify something you know nothing about, this nonsense will put lives at risk if it goes ahead - I know, I'm a coastguard. It would be much better for everyone if you just went back to ruinining the Cornish RSA's future in your self appointed position as their representative and stopped interfering with something which could cost many RSA's, and other folk from around the UK, their lives.

Hold on there Seafoods,

Hold on there Seafoods,

Lets not start the petty personnel jibes .

After giving it some thought and being some one who has hade the aid of a life boat at least three times in my time as a commercial fisherman, I have to agree with Bob I don’t see how much will change with real life threatening emergencies , they are not doing away with any of the local run life boats who at the end of the day will receive the same information as before and will evaluate that information based on their local knowledge , the same goes for helicopters , at the end of the day so long as your MAY DAY is received no matter where you are and that information is processed with promptly and efficiently where is the problem?

At the end of the day it’s technical creep and the down side of technical creep is jobs will be lost ,it happens in all walks of life always has and always will .30 years ago there was a manned coast guard station about every 25 miles along the coast now with modern technology they are 70 or 80 miles apart some further, so what will change if they are 200 miles apart ?

Perhaps you could explain or give an example as a coast guard where a problem might arise.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hold on there Seafoods,

After giving it some thought ........

Thanks for that Wurzel.

Not bothered by the personal jibes as I believe they are a sign of weakness, but to have some one show the sense that updating operations like the MCA is an inevitable part of life and is more likely to be of benefit than cost lives as is being suggested is a bonus, shame a few more didn’t get up and have a say then maybe the fear factor could be neutralised

Tight Lines Bob

Edited by Deene'0

Hold on there Seafoods,

Hold on there Seafoods,

After giving it some thought and being some one who has hade the aid of a life boat at least three times in my time as a commercial fisherman, I have to agree with Bob I don’t see how much will change with real life threatening emergencies , they are not doing away with any of the local run life boats who at the end of the day will receive the same information as before and will evaluate that information based on their local knowledge , the same goes for helicopters , at the end of the day so long as your MAY DAY is received no matter where you are and that information is processed with promptly and efficiently where is the problem?

At the end of the day it’s technical creep and the down side of technical creep is jobs will be lost ,it happens in all walks of life always has and always will .30 years ago there was a manned coast guard station about every 25 miles along the coast now with modern technology they are 70 or 80 miles apart some further, so what will change if they are 200 miles apart ?

Perhaps you could explain or give an example as a coast guard where a problem might arise.

Very surprized you have taken that opinion wurzel a sea fareing man like you agreeing on cutbacks with the coastguard lets hope it never fails you.

paul.

Untitled-1.jpg

Very surprized you have taken that opinion wurzel a sea fareing man like you agreeing on cutbacks with the coastguard lets hope it never fails you.

paul.

I don't know what you are expecting Paul, perhaps an automated message on receiving a call for assistance to leave your vessels name and position and somebody will return your call on arrival at the office at 9 am.

Some how I don't think so.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I don't know what you are expecting Paul, perhaps an automated message on receiving a call for assistance to leave your vessels name and position and somebody will return your call on arrival at the office at 9 am.

Some how I don't think so.

Signed , As a Whitby lifeboat crew member its a disaster as its going to make our job that much harder as we will be receiving information from some one who don't no the area or present conditions .

Thats a statement off one of the crew members off whitby lifeboat are all these people wrong.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...p?topic=19059.0

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg