Petition to save coastguard stations

seafoods

'the last government weren't perfect'

That's an under statement if ever there was one. :lol:

Here is one for you Paul EU MPS get £250.000 in expences with out the need for recipts.

Thats Mr Kinnock his wife and two children sorted. :rolleyes:

We know that you are a staunch Thatcherite and that cuts in public spending can only be a good thing but to most people a reduction in costs equates to a reduction in service. At least Sarah Newton and Stephen Crabb appear to have a conscience.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'the last government weren’t perfect'

That’s an under statement if ever there was one. :lol:

Here is one for you Paul EU MPS get £250.000 in expences with out the need for recipts.

Thats Mr Kinnock his wife and two children sorted. :rolleyes:

Bob i would to have a look back in thatcher years to see what was getting creamed off then by tory majority now that would be something to see a flat or two in chelsea paid for by the tax payer you know what i mean they are all guilty as charged.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Bob i would to have a look back in thatcher years to see what was getting creamed off then by tory majority now that would be something to see a flat or two in chelsea paid for by the tax payer you know what i mean they are all guilty as charged.

paul.

Definatly a two way street, Paul - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/573803.stm

At least the last Labour government didn't sell things off.

They just gave them away, along with a few knighthoods, to their "friends"*

* Definition of Labour Party friend; Anyone who will make a sizeable contribution to labour party funds (or lend them a villa for a free holiday)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Hi Davey your quote 'to most people a reduction in costs equates to a reduction in service.'

Thing is that is not always the case, frankly I don't care one way or the other what the cost are, the idea being put forward is a step forward impo and if the MCA have equipment as old as claimed then the improvements are well over due.

Davey you and Paul are quite right politicians are in the norm a despicable bunch looking after number one in most cases but thankfully not all.

Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world.

Captain C, as for the part French company supplying the helicopters to which you refer, is this a case of come back Michael Heseltine.

One thing you can be sure of is those that will be complaining loudest will probably drive an imported car from France or Germany or any were other than the UK. What ever happened to that Harold Wilson campaign 'Back Britain Buy British'

Tight Lines

Edited by Deene'0
Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Hi Davey your quote 'to most people a reduction in costs equates to a reduction in service.'

Thing is that is not always the case, frankly I don't care one way or the other what the cost are, the idea being put forward is a step forward impo and if the MCA have equipment as old as claimed then the improvements are well over due.

This is about cutting expenditure within the DfT. Whilst I would be happy to be proved wrong, this is not about providing an improved service. How can the loss of 250 jobs possibly be seen as being benificial to the MCGA's operations?

Just an opinion like :) , but more and more people are going to go to sea in the UK as technology produces eg wetsuits that keep you as warm as if you were swimming in the Med (even now warmer than some of my foreign trips tbh), new developments like kayak fishing (which i read is very fast growing ?), the interest in surfing, problems with going abroad, etc, etc, and to top it all much of our coastal waters are stunningly beautiful and unique both above and below the water.

These new sea users will quite rightly demand the "emergency services" use technology they have and understand and those providing the "Rescue" (using their money ) should adapt to that, rather than the other way around?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

This is about cutting expenditure within the DfT. Whilst I would be happy to be proved wrong, this is not about providing an improved service. How can the loss of 250 jobs possibly be seen as being benificial to the MCGA's operations?

Who are the MCGA? Sorry but i lose track of all the name changes..

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

This a one lad who knows what he talking about the same subject on whitby sea anglers forum.

, those field operatives are the ones with the LOCAL KNOWLEDGE which can save lives quicker than somebody sat in a call centre in either Southampton or Aberdeen, which is what you will get at night on the east coast in our area. May as well go the whole hog and move it to Bombay for what good it will be in those 2 places.

There is no new equipment as you state its the same gear they have now, All the operatives when they join are sent round gathering local knowledge of their patch, which helps when sending out resources, more responsibility will fall on the local coastguard and lifeboat teams, a person sat in Southampton with a gale of wind northerly will think its nice and calm when paging an ILB ( inshore small inflatable lifeboat0 on the East coast !! Which will result in confusion leading to time wasted and inevitably more resources being sent costing more than what it would at the moment.

They are only saving 120 million which is probably the bar bill at the house of commons every year !!!

paul

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg