NO FISHING - WINTER - SALT

watatoad

Hi, Chevin Sorry not near good enough and it is certainly not proof of what you are claiming so enthusiastically I made a mistake of or I came out with lies or bullsh*t about.

Paper is dated July 12th 1957

We are talking about an incident 8 (EIGHT) years later

Sorry but you will have to come up with some real proof and it needs to be a lot better than what you have offered so far.

You disputed what I said.

You then mocked me and showed me considerable disrespect you pretty much called me a liar.

I have searched and shown all where, quite openly.

I am still in contact with people and await further clarification and proof.

I have never said I doubted anybodies catch.

I do say I doubt where they were claimed to be caught, based on real provable and checkable research not hearsay.

I have throughout treated you courteously and with consideration and respect.

You spoke of massive fish deaths especially of Roach which devastated the water and the Roach never recovered.

Yet all you have produced is a paper which clearly states that any culprit that caused the loss of a good head of good Roach was in point of fact Richard Walker he is the villain of Roach devastation not salt it was Richard Walker who moved the Roach just to suit his and his close friends convenience, desires and purposes.

Yet there is still no proof whatsoever that the Roach of Richard Walker's catch came from the River Hiz.

Just a little tip take all the good Roach out of any water and they will not have recovered in the next 8 (eight)years.

The bottom line:

Prove what you have said.

Prove that the River Hiz had a good head of fish in it in 1962 and in particular Roach.

Prove that the local council dumped snow and salt in the River Hiz in the winter of 1962/1963.

Prove that the River Hiz lost most of its fish and especially the Roach in 1963 due to the council dumping snow and salt in the River Hiz

Hearsay or the word of a second or third or even fourth party will not be good enough

Heck I have tried really hard openly to prove that you are correct and I have got it totally wrong what more could I do?

Now I don't mind making mistakes or getting things wrong, I try hard not to but I am only human (well almost Toad's aren't...hehehe).

I have openly admitted on Anglers Net on more than one occasion that I have made a mistake or have been mistaken so I have no problem with that.

I have often apologised to people so I have no problem with that.

But what I wont ever do is back down or run away or hide when I believe other anglers are being told rubbish or given incorrect information or generally lead down the garden path.

EDIT:

As far me wanting my name to appear I assume what triggered that is the fact I post a lot - I do that because I am not going to be around a lot longer so time is of an essence to me - I have a vast amount of experience and knowledge concerning some branches of angling and I feel the need to perhaps pass some of this onto others in the hope it will help them improve their angling if they take my advice my next piece of advice is check it out experiment use whatever I can give or share as an extra piece of knowledge based upon some other anglers experiences, use it or not that is the choice of whoever reads what I write. My only promise is I will not bullshit anyone, I just cant be bothered. Don't forget I am not trying to make money or fame out of this, crikey I even tested rods at my own expense to help others, so I think I have already proved by my actions how straight I am, because everyone can see what I have already done.

END EDIT:

Firstly, how could I have possibly called you a liar? I have been in constant defence of what I and my friends have said. Indeed, you have even suggested that they were liars.

The evidence you give in support of you argument is from what you have found on the internet which will have come from un-named sources which you seem to find more acceptable than what I or my friends have said. Obviously, knowing that the evidence you have produced, has not been your own work, I could hardly suggest that you are a liar, the only thing of which I could accuse you is of accepting evidence that might be a flawed as you consider mine to be.

To suggest that Dick removed the roach for the benefit of himself and his close friends is laughable. They had permission to fish for them in the Hiz but the fish were moved to Hitchin Angling Club’s water – Arlesey Lake.

To be honest I couldn’t care less one way or the other whether you believe what I say or not. I know what I say is true and that that is quite enough, to expect me to produce the evidence you demand is unrealistic. It is quite possible the news was never reported because there was so much of the same going on in the country at that time.

To suggest that I am simply doing this to make money out of work I have done is ludicrous! If you look at my first note you will see that it was supportive and added a further slant to your note, it was after that you attacked and ridiculed my support by suggesting I was repeating an urban myth and that the rest of my note had no relevance.

I have not suggested that you reveal your name, I don’t need to know it, I know that from the numerous posts of yours that you have little to interest me. I do not envy those who have more posts than others I admire those who have a lot more to say in far fewer posts. It is not the numbers of posts that count but the content.

Your obvious intention to discredit anything I say or offer as proof makes it quite pointless in continuing this discussion. While you claim to have experience you wish to pass on to others, you appear more than a little anxious to prevent others doing the same.

Anyway, you just continue with your insults and your determination to disbelieve anything I say, but personally I won’t respond to any more of it, it is obviously a waste of my time.

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, how could I have possibly called you a liar? I have been in constant defence of what I and my friends have said. Indeed, you have even suggested that they were liars.

The evidence you give in support of you argument is from what you have found on the internet which will have come from un-named sources which you seem to find more acceptable than what I or my friends have said. Obviously, knowing that the evidence you have produced, has not been your own work, I could hardly suggest that you are a liar, the only thing of which I could accuse you is of accepting evidence that might be a flawed as you consider mine to be.

To suggest that Dick removed the roach for the benefit of himself and his close friends is laughable. They had permission to fish for them in the Hiz but the fish were moved to Hitchin Angling Club’s water – Arlesey Lake.

To be honest I couldn’t care less one way or the other whether you believe what I say or not. I know what I say is true and that that is quite enough, to expect me to produce the evidence you demand is unrealistic. It is quite possible the news was never reported because there was so much of the same going on in the country at that time.

To suggest that I am simply doing this to make money out of work I have done is ludicrous! If you look at my first note you will see that it was supportive and added a further slant to your note, it was after that you attacked and ridiculed my support by suggesting I was repeating an urban myth and that the rest of my note had no relevance.

I have not suggested that you reveal your name, I don’t need to know it, I know that from the numerous posts of yours that you have little to interest me. I do not envy those who have more posts than others I admire those who have a lot more to say in far fewer posts. It is not the numbers of posts that count but the content.

Your obvious intention to discredit anything I say or offer as proof makes it quite pointless in continuing this discussion. While you claim to have experience you wish to pass on to others, you appear more than a little anxious to prevent others doing the same.

Anyway, you just continue with your insults and your determination to disbelieve anything I say, but personally I won’t respond to any more of it, it is obviously a waste of my time.

I'll respond tomorrow when I have time.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God