Unwelcome visitor

Steve Burke

We had a mouse in the house yesterday. I chased it into the bathroom and locked it in overnight. To trap it I put a large almost empty bag of crisps on the floor. Several times in the night I heard furious rustlings - it seems as though mice eat frequently and then rest.

Anyway, it worked a treat. The mouse was in the "trap" this morning, and is now safely well out of reach of the house.

And Peggy can now have a shower!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Hey Steve,

If one can get in then others will follow, probably removed 300 + during our conversion. Finally found the last place they were getting in. Been mouse free for nearly a year, although you can still hear them in the walls during the cold weather.

I used to use a plastic milk bottle on its side with some food in the bottom. They got used to finding food there & I just used to sit dead still till they went in. A mouse cant work out a human if it doesn't move.

I use traps.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I use traps.

I too use traps, pesky little critters :angry: ate my chub bivvy in the garage. wasnt amused had to have revenge. Used the plastic snap shut rolson traps with strawberry sonubait soft pellet, works a treat :D evn had a result of 2 caught in the same trap

I too use traps, pesky little critters :angry: ate my chub bivvy in the garage. wasnt amused had to have revenge. Used the plastic snap shut rolson traps with strawberry sonubait soft pellet, works a treat :D evn had a result of 2 caught in the same trap

I went for the multi-trap set-up in the end, with liquid additive-drizzled boilies as bait.

Caught quite a few over the course of a season but, strangely, never had a repeat capture :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

You would have caught more if you'd have been using 'naturals' for bait. :P

LOL Yeah, cheese is a good 'natural' (in the same way bread is a good 'natural' for fish) :D

Chocolate is also a good bait to use in the trap; the trouble is I keep catching Sue rather than the mouse. :D :D :D

Happy Christmas

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

we use peanut butter ,it sets like concrete so the mouse had to try hard to remove it and there's less sprung empty traps ;)

must get into the loft i heard one going off and bouncing around a few times showing its done its job

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

We had a mouse in the house yesterday. I chased it into the bathroom and locked it in overnight. To trap it I put a large almost empty bag of crisps on the floor. Several times in the night I heard furious rustlings - it seems as though mice eat frequently and then rest.

Anyway, it worked a treat. The mouse was in the "trap" this morning, and is now safely well out of reach of the house.

And Peggy can now have a shower!

I know the problem, I live on the banks of a fair sized lake (6 miles long 3/4 mile wide) and at the start of winter, the millions of mice that live there decide that it would be a good idea to find a nice warm home for the poorer weather. Every home suddenly has a large number of unwelcome guests and, like others, I have to trap or poison them. Trouble is, they are such beautiful little critters I hate killing them. I have tried the live catch traps, but unfortunately they do not work as well as I would hope. Another invasion we get in the first rains is frogs! There are always a lot in the garden pond, but as soon as it rains we see hundreds hopping their way up from the lake to our front door. It is a dreadful thing to suddenly trap a cold moist slimy lump under a barefoot and hear it scream. You just can't believe how loudly a frog can scream!

Steve, do I understand what you are saying, do your mice rest! :o

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.