Dick Dastardly

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank's for that Steve :)

thamesoddity

You are indeed 'reaching out to one' !

About 8 years ago I instigated a new 'family tradition' where my son and I go out for a 1 hour pike match on Xmas morning. Once said sprogs had grown up (a loose term I might add) there was a lull in the morning which needed taking advantage of. We both fish :rolleyes: so I offered to keep two of us out of the way for an hour or so before adjourning to the pub for a couple of beers before lunch. Plan or what !

The bragging rights are 'significant' and yours truly (who provides the tackle, bait, transport etc.) currently holds the yellow jersey although this year could prove challenging to get a line in the water. I did get put in my place about 3 years ago when 'the lucky b*stard' fluked a 23.06 whilst still half pi*sed from the night (club) before.

Needless to say we have a choice of swims .........................

Ian

Ian

Has anyone on here actually fished on christmas day itself?

Yes, tried, and failed to catch Mullet in the Eastern Med 25th dec 1987.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I dont think I ever have but a mornings Piking on Boxing Day used to be quite traditional for me as well. Not done it for a few years now though.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

if my local loch is ice free i will try on Christmas day ,it ain't crimbo eve and er indoors is do-in me crust in :crazy:

if i don't go soon there will be a murder :bangin: and not in maryhill (Glasgow Humour)

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Yep twice great no one else out untill later in the afternoon walking off Christmas Turkey .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

No 3s tomorrow, one ½ that size is a goodun for this river - chance of a ½ decent roach though! ;)

C.

No roach - but I did get my first 2lb grayling from this river since 27th Dec 2001. Fish were very hungry - very aggressive bites and were boiling on the surface on occasions when the freebies went in.

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Well done Chris, a great session. No freezing rings? I would've thought that would be a certainty.

I wimped out in favour of cleaning and loading new braid onto a couple of 'pins ready for a chub assault, oh and an afternoon watching APFA in a warm front room with some cheese and an excellent port....hic!

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Well done Chris, a great session. No freezing rings? I would've thought that would be a certainty.

Nope - must just have been warm enough - didn't suffer from frozen rings at all....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog