Time to kick sea fishing out of the Angling Trust

Elton

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...=clnk&gl=uk

Dated : 26 Dec 2010 19:28:16 GMT

This is the chached version at the moment, but if you keep checking, as google change their data centres, you may be lucky and get an earlier version at some point over the next few days

If your lucky enough to get the earlier version you want, make sure you copy it before the data centre changes again and you get a different cache.

do a google search for "Time to kick sea fishing out of the Angling Trust By Keith Arthur" find the go fishing site amongst the search results, then press the cache link. Over the next few days you should get some variation on the cache times and dates.

Edited by glennk

Cheers, Glenn.

I'll keep checking as and when I can.

Ron posted on here about the link being currently unavailable (was for me too) at 6.54pm on the 26th. Unfortunately, the cached version is 7.28pm on the 26th. Is it possible that an earlier version, if there is one, may pop up at some point?

My thought was ‘Keep your friends close, Keep the enemy closer’ besides like him or loath him one thing Leon is good at is keeping folk informed might be a tad one sided but often very usefull.

Unless you are a member of the Mafia, Bob, it's probably best to refrain from using quotes from the Godfather.

Do you actually want people to take you seriously, or view you as a joker?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Is it just my imagination, or has part of the article been removed since it was first published?

I could have sworn that there was a paragraph, something along the lines of 'putting it to the vote amongst the membership'.

You're pretty clued up with all things webby, ST. Is there some sort of cache that people could check?

That sounds awfully democratic to me, are you sure you read it right?

I don't think I am liable to get on a mailing list here.psml!!

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/HomePage2/fishi...p;start-page=50

No, you'll be on the same list as me, Ron.

Soon as the water warms up a few degrees and some fish turn up, we'll have to have a day out mate - for my sanity if nothing else.

Don't drink and drive.

That sounds awfully democratic to me, are you sure you read it right?

No, Davey, it would have been totally undemocratic. Since when should the vast minority be allowed to decide what's best for the vast majority?

Can someone tell me what the current AT membership is and how many of them are sea anglers?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

Don't drink and drive.

No, Davey, it would have been totally undemocratic. Since when should the vast minority be allowed to decide what's best for the vast majority?

Can someone tell me what the current AT membership is and how many of them are sea anglers?

I did ask them about membership numbers a few months back. Never got a reply back though :huh:

Had a look for any changes again today Sharkbyte and not come up with anything. I prefer to copy and paste the article and link because websites change, pages get moved around, articles get changed etc... Sorry mate.

• 3 weeks later...

After having read Mr Athurs article. It saddens me greatly as it makes him look like a bitter dyed in the woud man. My children and I met him once when we wondered into a local fishing compertion. He was a happy open and encourging individual who did what he could to show my children the fish and hopefully get them interested.

For some reason he feels that he and the rest of the maggot drowners have a devine right to make the rules for the rest of the sport based just on who pays for what. I turned from the dark side because I was sick of the embittered views of the few.

Is Mr Arthur willing to throw out fluff chuckers as well or should it be that they have more of a say as salmond and migratories fisherpeople pay twice as much as he does? I don't know.

Tight lines

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?