Time to kick sea fishing out of the Angling Trust

Elton

He has just come out with a beauty this morning.He stated that if commercial fishermen only took fish to feed themselves they wouldn't need licensing but as they sell fish they need a licences.He then made the statement that as Sea anglers are selling there fish this is why they need to be licensed and restricted on how many fish they can not only take but insinuated that they should be restricted on how often they can actually fish.

He really seems to have lost the plot but the frightening thing is he is obviously feeding this shite to those that want to hear it.How the hell can he be on the AT advisory panel yet that lot disassociate themselves from anything he is saying?....Best they go with his first suggestion of kicking RSA out of the AT.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has just come out with a beauty this morning.He stated that if commercial fishermen only took fish to feed themselves they wouldn't need licensing but as they sell fish they need a licences.He then made the statement that as Sea anglers are selling there fish this is why they need to be licensed and restricted on how many fish they can not only take but insinuated that they should be restricted on how often they can actually fish.

He really seems to have lost the plot but the frightening thing is he is obviously feeding this shite to those that want to hear it.How the hell can he be on the AT advisory panel yet that lot disassociate themselves from anything he is saying?....Best they go with his first suggestion of kicking RSA out of the AT.

Have you got a link to this latest bit from him or was it on a telly programme.

He should have come out on me last two trips, me missus thinks i'm having an affair as i haven't taken any fish home on those two trips. Bit difficult to restrict i think.

Forgot, previously he has admitted that he has only been on three angling boats, mainly for his own telly programmes etc, so does that give him licence to advise how the rsa should conduct themselves. Much like the trust i suppose, how much experiance have they got.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Have you got a link to this latest bit from him or was it on a telly programme.

He should have come out on me last two trips, me missus thinks i'm having an affair as i haven't taken any fish home on those two trips. Bit difficult to restrict i think.

Forgot, previously he has admitted that he has only been on three angling boats, mainly for his own telly programmes etc, so does that give him licence to advise how the rsa should conduct themselves. Much like the trust i suppose, how much experiance have they got.

No Barry,it was on his radio show this morning.I only caught the last half hour of it but he was well into his stride by then.Wish I had heard the whole show because I reckon he must of had a right go.Maybe someone else heard the rest of it? When you listen and read some of the crap that is allowed to be put on Public Radio shows and in magazines etc, why the Russians had the KGB to deal with people like him.

Regarding anglers selling, was he speaking in his capacity of one of the magnificent seven or was it from a personal point of view, did he offer up anything to corroborate his err facts?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Regarding anglers selling, was he speaking in his capacity of one of the magnificent seven or was it from a personal point of view, did he offer up anything to corroborate his err facts?

As I say,he was ranting as I switched on so I am not sure which capacity he was speaking under.The evidence he had was 'You must all know a sea angler that sells fish to Neighbours,friends and the local Chinese takeaway'. He was also ranting about the size (Undersize) of fish anglers were keeping and selling.

Edited by Ronessex

What's even more worrying is, who is giving him these ideas? And who else are they talking to on our behalf?

I don't believe that Keith Arthur has personally witnessed sea anglers selling fish, so why does he think it's such a widespread problem? Why look for an excuse to licence and restrict sea anglers? What purpose does it serve? Perhaps we should be asking, whose purpose does it serve?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

17/01/2011: For immediate release logo.gifFight for the future of fishing

The Angling Trust sent the email below to our member database on 16/01/11 and hope that you can publicise this call for volunteers through your media channels.

If you or your company can help with any of the following areas please get in touch by reply or on

0844 77 00 616.

--STARTS--

Fight for the future of fishing

The Angling Trust is looking for volunteers who care about fishing and can dedicate their time and expertise in the following areas.

Social Networking

Can you use your personal or professional experience using social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter to help us: attract new members, publicise our fight for the future of fishing, engage with younger anglers and provide daily, up to the minute information on what the Angling Trust has been doing?

If the answer to any of these is yes we would very much like to hear from you by reply.

Click here to view our Facebook Page.

PR/Marketing/Communications

If you have experience in any of the following areas we could make use of your hands-on help or advice: public relations and press release writing, website content and content management systems, copywriting, WordPress and other blogging tools.

Assisting the Angling Trust with these parts of our Media and Communications Strategy might be useful to a company or individual seeking to develop their experience or client portfolio.

Events

Enthusiastic volunteers are needed planning and setting up our presence at big annual events such as the CLA Game Fair and the Go Fishing Show. You will work as part of our Events Team helping to set up the stand and recruiting new members. While previous experience working at or attending events will be useful it is not essential and all training will be provided, plus a free entry ticket to the events.

Forums

Volunteers are needed to scan the various online angling forums in order to flag up references to the Angling Trust which we need to respond to and also identify areas where we need to increase our profile. If you have previous experience using or moderating online forums we would love to hear from you.

This is a unique opportunity to work for a professional organisation representing anglers. If you or somebody you know can help us achieve our objectives by volunteering, please let us know by replying to this message at will.smith@Anglingtrust.net or alternatively ring me, Will Smith, on 0844 77 00 616.

--ENDS--

Notes:

The Angling Trust is the single, united organisation to represent the interests of all sea, coarse, and game anglers so that they can enjoy the freedom to go fishing in a healthy water environment. We campaign for the protection of anglers' rights and for the protection of the marine and freshwater environment and fish stocks. We take legal action to prevent pollution and other damage to fisheries and to compensate our members for any such damage. We promote the benefits of angling and encourage greater participation by people of all ages and backgrounds. We manage and promote regional and national competitions and Team England Angling in all disciplines at international level.

I wonder if KA would be a good choice for scanning Sea Angling forums?

I have an E A coarse licence because it is the law in some places I fish like Christchurch , but the

EA do things for coarse anglers like stocking and water manament, ring the E A about an ilegal gillnet is the same as banging your head on the wall. The Angling trust can,t work for Sea Anglers because most of what goes on comes from ditates from Brussels. which are Polotictians are only to ready to sell us out.Nor will I join the Angling Trust as a personal member because at twenty quid it,s to expensive.Keith Arthur does a radio phone in on TALKSPORT maybe he would to explain himself?

As I say,he was ranting as I switched on so I am not sure which capacity he was speaking under.The evidence he had was 'You must all know a sea angler that sells fish to Neighbours,friends and the local Chinese takeaway'. He was also ranting about the size (Undersize) of fish anglers were keeping and selling.

I was hoping that you could listen to the proggy online, there were links on the hompage to 'listen again' but narder. Anyoone find a way to listen to the proggy on the the Interweb?

Here is the link to the listen again section regarding Mr Arthur, however i can't get it to play, maybe someone can have more luck?

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/18497

send him an email in any event. :)