Time to kick sea fishing out of the Angling Trust

Elton

A copy of the mail I just fired off to the AT.

Doe's anyone have Mark Llloyds direct mail address?

Having read the disgusting article written by Keith Arthur for the Angling Times, subsequently posted all over the Internet regarding kicking Sea Anglers out of the Angling Trust,I never thought it could get any worse. This morning Sunday 16th January it actually did. On Mr Arthurs Radio Show ‘Fishermans Blues’ 1035 AM Radio Talksport we were treated as Sea Anglers to a tirade of lies regarding Sea anglers selling there catches. The ‘Link’ to the show has been posted around Internet fishing forums for Sea Anglers to listen too and make there minds up once and for all just what a member on your ‘Advisory panel’ and I can only assume with the backing of the AT, actually think of Sea Anglers. I think this has just about finished off what little credibility the AT had left in the eyes of RSA.Having been into Charter angling for over 40 years I have no evidence of anglers of RSA selling fish.As a member of your Advisory panel,doe’s Mr Arthur or indeed the AT have evidence of this happening? Proper evidence, not hearsay.We now seem to have a weekly campaign in one way or the other, which seems to stem from the AT in order to get Sea anglers licensed or restricted.

What Sea anglers should be doing is kicking the AT from sea angling, not the other way around as Mr Arthur would have.

As a Charter Skipper I will certainly do all I can to advise anglers and I will also make it known to other skippers not to give there hard earned money to an organisation that see’s them as Thieves and criminals.

A copy of the link to the show is here should you or any others at AT wish to listen to what was said. The segment you need too listen to is approx 11 minutes into the podcast.

http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/talkSPORT/20110116_0730_LA.mp3

Regards

Ron Angel

Why Worry Angling Charters.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mike haylins and keith Arthur's direct mails, shall i mail you them, can't find lloyds on the internet warrior list, he must have gone incognito, want to send a copy to arthur for his ease of reference. You may wish to point him to this topic as well.:D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I get confused easily these days....one minute, there are no fish left in the sea, then next minute, there are so many that we're all able to sell them to fund our hobby.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I get confused easily these days....one minute, there are no fish left in the sea, then next minute, there are so many that we're all able to sell them to fund our hobby.

First, you've got to ask yourself why would anyone contradict themselves like that? Obviously, someone is making a case that sea anglers should be restricted, licenced, or both.

The second and third questions people should be asking are, who and what do they stand to gain by it?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I found this from 2009, it seems Heylin hasn't read it!

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po..._Dont_Sell.html

The Marine Committee of the Angling Trust meeting in June agreed that they would only represent recreational sea anglers. The meeting confirmed that the EAA definition of Recreational Sea Angling formulated in 2004 should be their criteria:

“Recreational sea angling is the activity of catching or attempting to catch fish, principally by rod and line, pole or hand-held line for non-commercial purposes; recreational anglers do not sell the fish they catch.”

Whilst it was agreed that angling can be both commercial and non-commercial, recreational sea angling can only be non-commercial, as recreational sea anglers do not sell, barter or trade their catch. Recreational sea anglers may return or retain their catch, providing it is above legal minimum size, and consume it within the family. It was discussed that recreational sea angling is pursued for many purposes and a multitude of highly diverse motivations. These include challenge, sport, recreation, achievement, relaxation, etc.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

To give him his due Mark Lloyd never hung around with a reply to my mail last night.Since when was the Advisory Panel disbanded?

A copy of the mail I received from Mark.

Dear Mr Angel,

Keith Arthur's comments are not in any way supported by the AT. Your email is the first I heard of them. We issued a statement last week, available on our web site, contradicting his previous comment in Angling Times. The Advisory Panel is no longer operational and Keith has no role in the AT.

I hope that clears this up. Please support us; I know we have had a slow start on sea angling, but we are making good progress now.

All best wishes,

Mark

Edited by Ronessex

To give him his due Mark Lloyd never hung around with a reply to my mail last night.Since when was the Advisory Panel disbanded?

A copy of the mail I received from Mark.

Dear Mr Angel,

Keith Arthur's comments are not in any way supported by the AT. Your email is the first I heard of them. We issued a statement last week, available on our web site, contradicting his previous comment in Angling Times. The Advisory Panel is no longer operational and Keith has no role in the AT.

I hope that clears this up. Please support us; I know we have had a slow start on sea angling, but we are making good progress now.

All best wishes,

Mark

Thanks for posting a working link to the show, Ron. Most amusing. Glad you got a reply. I found the last sentence quite touching - Bought a tear to my eye, so it did.