How Many Years?

Elton

I started when I was 8 and I'm 48 on the 17th of June!!!!!!

So I guess that makes it 40years......

The longer I do it the more I realise the truth in the quotation attributed to Dr Botley back in the 16th Century " Angling is like mathematics in that it can never be truly learned...."

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewww 20 all in.About 18,covering as many different types of angling as I could manage,and 2 on Pike specifically.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Fished for 19 years out of my 42. Just returning after a 4 year break. Realised it was time to come back when I once again couldn't drive past a piece of water without craning my neck and wondering what may lie beneath the surface.

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

Started when I was about 7 and have been at it ever since. Started carp fishing when I was 18,been at that since then.

I'm the big 50 now, so a long time, but I hope that I have a long time to go yet. :):):):)

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

15 years plus since the age of 10.

My dad wasn't a fisherman so I'm pretty much self taught so really enjoy it when I fish with others who pass on their hard earned knowledge.

I've done loads of fishing float, pole, match, carp, pike. I'm currently well into surface lure fishing for pike. I used to spend some pretty intense school holidays fishing, something I miss now I have to work.

I've just been teaching some others how to fish and it's fantastic when you pass on a tip or say just adjust this or that, drop the bait there or try that and then the float buries and they get a fish after a spell of inactivity - it proves i've learnt something! (and they think you're good as well!)

Regards,

Martin