Tench on a lure

benacre

I mentioned this on Facebook, where a few others have reported strange catches:

http://www.facebook.com/AnglersNet/posts/117399328331279

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've never had a tench on a lure, but I did once catch one while legering a deadbait in a Norfolk river for pike (in winter too). It was about a pound, and was fairly hooked on one point of a treble. Really weird!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'd say tench are right up there as one of the most opportunistic fish there are (food-wise) and as for being territorial, there's a clip in CTI where a smallish tench bullies a large carp out of the way to get to some freebies left on the bottom. The tench isn't fazed by the size of the carp at all.

I'd think a tench would eat much of anything and as far chasing off smaller fish...without hesitation I'd say, especially in this weather when times are harder.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...