Famous anglers only catch those fish because...

Anderoo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been lucky enough to have fished with a lot of good anglers both "known" and not. They do a lot of things both different and better than "not good" anglers!

Now Ive allways tried to copy and learn these things from them to increase my own catches.And indeed I have and it has! BUT I am still no where near as good as some of the guys! Why? Well I don't know and just as importantly the don't either! The "good" anglers who normally out fish me do some thing different/know some thing different BUT simply don't realise it so cant pass it on/be emulated! Now I'm not on about some strange mystic ability but something extra or just that little bit better that simply cant be easily identified.

I assure you it mystifies them just as much as us mere mortals! They would love to know as well.

Similar to Tigger I feel there are a few "known"/"celebrity"/"famous" anglers that I know (through fishing with them and not just one off trips either) I am as good as or indeed better.These have like me just learned the same things or are still relatively new and still learning and will undoubtedly "pass" me BUT like I said a few are truly better and I/we just don't know why! But by accepting it I can look even closer to try and find out why!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Ive been lucky enough to have fished with a lot of good anglers both "known" and not. They do a lot of things both different and better than "not good" anglers!

Now Ive allways tried to copy and learn these things from them to increase my own catches.And indeed I have and it has! BUT I am still no where near as good as some of the guys! Why? Well I don't know and just as importantly the don't either! The "good" anglers who normally out fish me do some thing different/know some thing different BUT simply don't realise it so cant pass it on/be emulated! Now I'm not on about some strange mystic ability but something extra or just that little bit better that simply cant be easily identified.

I assure you it mystifies them just as much as us mere mortals! They would love to know as well.

Similar to Tigger I feel there are a few "known"/"celebrity"/"famous" anglers that I know (through fishing with them and not just one off trips either) I am as good as or indeed better.These have like me just learned the same things or are still relatively new and still learning and will undoubtedly "pass" me BUT like I said a few are truly better and I/we just don't know why! But by accepting it I can look even closer to try and find out why!

i can relate to that because my grandad and dad were great match fisherman who fished all the nationals and other major matches in the 70s and 80s and althou i was taught by them and copied everything they did i very rarely( if ever) got a win over them and i got that same feeling that something was missing and i dont know what , but i was happy to accept it as he was my dad and my fishing hero. Im beggining to believe it was a confidence issue and that i just didnt feel that i was good enough .

Its only the last couple of seasons that ive suddenly woken up and realised my own match fishing ability as well as that passed on to me from my dad and that i am good enough, and since then my ability and results and all round enjoyment of fishing knows no bounds , But there are always better anglers than me and im not to full of myself nowdays to ask for advice and therefore learn some more