Prowla Platinum Drop Shot 7ft 5-28g - Anyone got one?

Hopinc

Had my flourocarbon chat, I had misunderstood, before he was talking about zander. For perch you can apparently use anything really, with BS determined by how snaggy it is. I'll probably get a selection from 4-8lb. I already have suitable thin wire in case it's needed.

I've already seen a few more lures I ABSOLUTELY NEED and I don't even have a rod yet :rolleyes:

Regarding the Pike thing is it poss to rig it up as a small 3 way swivel with a uptrace longer than a short hook trace with the bottom eye of the 3 way swivel tied to a say 2 foot bomb link ??

Feel i may catch your buy lots of small lure disease so i have not even looked for any yet [self control evaporating face ] have you bought a mix of worm/grub type with small shads/swimbaits out of interest ? Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the Pike thing is it poss to rig it up as a small 3 way swivel with a uptrace longer than a short hook trace with the bottom eye of the 3 way swivel tied to a say 2 foot bomb link ??

Feel i may catch your buy lots of small lure disease so i have not even looked for any yet [self control evaporating face ] have you bought a mix of worm/grub type with small shads/swimbaits out of interest ? Steve.

I don't know to be honest Steve, but my gut feeling is that a 3-way swivel would affect the action of the lure too much and affect the delicate presentation. I'll try to find the diagram I saw before, it was basically wire down to the hook (tied on with a suitable, neat knot) and then a flourocarbon section tied on to the hook as well, for the weight. I think for it to work, the hook has to be tied to the leader (whatever you use) rather than clipped onto something, so the hook always sits at 90 degrees.

So far I have ordered some little 3.5" panic minnows in various colours (see here: http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/lures-...-c-39_103.html), and some 10cm Prologic Savage Gear dying minnows in different colours and some Storm Pro minnow x in different colours (both here: http://www.thefriendlyfisherman.co.uk/sect...-plastics.html), but I think some worms and some little crayfish immitations will be next, once I've got the basics sorted. E.g., look at these: http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/lures-...es-c-39_88.html

B)

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I don't know to be honest Steve, but my gut feeling is that a 3-way swivel would affect the action of the lure too much and affect the delicate presentation. I'll try to find the diagram I saw before, it was basically wire down to the hook (tied on with a suitable, neat knot) and then a flourocarbon section tied on to the hook as well, for the weight. I think for it to work, the hook has to be tied to the leader (whatever you use) rather than clipped onto something, so the hook always sits at 90 degrees.

So far I have ordered some little 3.5" panic minnows in various colours (see here: http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/lures-...-c-39_103.html), and some 10cm Prologic Savage Gear dying minnows in different colours and some Storm Pro minnow x in different colours (both here: http://www.thefriendlyfisherman.co.uk/sect...-plastics.html), but I think some worms and some little crayfish immitations will be next, once I've got the basics sorted. E.g., look at these: http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/lures-...es-c-39_88.html

B)

Anderoo thanks for that found a diagram and its easy wire down to the hook which is crimped on then mono down from the eye of hook to dropshot simples and keeps hook right way ,cormoran also do a drop shot rod and in the states shed loads of them but can i wait for that ..... no probubly not B) steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Anderoo thanks for that found a diagram and its easy wire down to the hook which is crimped on then mono down from the eye of hook to dropshot simples and keeps hook right way ,cormoran also do a drop shot rod and in the states shed loads of them but can i wait for that ..... no probubly not B) steve

If you want to meet up and have a go once all the bits have turned up, you'd be most welcome. It's one of those things that you just know will work! With the added bonus of being 100% crayfish proof...

Rod choice (in the UK) is very limited, a couple of Fox ones, the Greys Prowla, and a couple of others. It would be very useful to be able to compare them all.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If you want to meet up and have a go once all the bits have turned up, you'd be most welcome. It's one of those things that you just know will work! With the added bonus of being 100% crayfish proof...

Rod choice (in the UK) is very limited, a couple of Fox ones, the Greys Prowla, and a couple of others. It would be very useful to be able to compare them all.

yep up for that gonna buy a rod tomorrow so think i may have a punt with the cormoran one ,maybe we can get Hopnic to come for a dropshot fishin ? late in the season big Perch face....Steve.

So, yet another rod for comparison. I can't wait to read your review of it.

Thanks for the suggestion, you never know, it may be possilbe to get together sometime. That would be nice.

Regards,

Dave

Sounds good to me :)

Hopinc, I hope you don't mind that this topic has turned into all things drop shotting!

Just one more dilemma and this one is rod related [back on topic face ] do i get a shorter length rod more suited to boat fishing and therefore hopefully make me take the boat out more often or a longer length to use from the bank as well bu maybe then a bit cumbersome for under the tip boat work :g::g:

Decisions decisions ??

Just one more dilemma and this one is rod related [back on topic face ] do i get a shorter length rod more suited to boat fishing and therefore hopefully make me take the boat out more often or a longer length to use from the bank as well bu maybe then a bit cumbersome for under the tip boat work :g::g:

Decisions decisions ??

If I owned a boat, I'd have got the shorter rod. The boat is definitely the place to be!

Edit - in fact, if I was fishing from the boat I would have got kitted out for vertical jigging rather than drop shotting.

Edited by Anderoo

If I owned a boat, I'd have got the shorter rod. The boat is definitely the place to be!

Edit - in fact, if I was fishing from the boat I would have got kitted out for vertical jigging rather than drop shotting.

Anderoo i have a rod for that already but fancy the idea of being able to drif and cast around a bit ,There are ferw really deep bits around here or most areas if it comes to that on the thames so the jigging is mainly done down the side of structures/Mooring posts /bridge supports and the like but have other waters in mind for the drop shotting as well so gona go halfway house and get a 2.4 length rod i think