Vagabonds in Madagascar Part 4

I'm still wondering how you managed to spot that owl.

Sounds like you made your usual grand time for yourselves. Well done.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm still wondering how you managed to spot that owl.

Have a closer look - there are a PAIR of owls in the picture :)

Owl spotting is not easy, but I do seem to be able to pick up camouflaged birds at rest such as owl, nightjar, frogmouth, snipe and woodcock quite well. Compensation for my deafness I guess.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Got to agree with you re the video and birds (or animals); pics may not be as pin sharp as a DSLR and scope, but the movement makes up for all that. Does Norma get stills from it as well?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Got to agree with you re the video and birds (or animals); pics may not be as pin sharp as a DSLR and scope, but the movement makes up for all that. Does Norma get stills from it as well?

She can do, but rarely does.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Glad you both enjoyed the trip despite the accident!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• 2 weeks later...

The baob tree is an unusual tree and is known here as the upside down tree because the branches look like a root sytem reaching into the air. Further north here in Western Australia we have one that is known as "The Prison Tree". It is hollow and there is a gap in the trunk. Loal miscreants were pushed through the gap and held inside of the tree for a day or two. I believe that it is in excess of 1500 years old.

11243048080hankandbetty.jpg

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.