Do You Know Of Any Small Ponds/Lakes In Suffolk ?

i livee in good ole lowestoft :)

&& im bored of local pits/ponds/lakes etc, e.g;

Fieldfarm Fishery,

Broads,

Weybread Pits,

Marsh Farm,

Slater Pit,

Was just wondrinn if anyone kneww off lyyk any small hidden ponds,

lyyk inn wrentham, beccles, bungay, carltonn area ?

i need too be able too fishh it withoutt an adult thoo,

as imm onlyy sixteeen lol :rolleyes:

thankyouu if anyonee knows off orr have heardd off anyy :thumbs:

andd could you maybe put the phone number forr itt pleasee if youu know it lol

ohh && tight liness inn 2k8 :)

Fieldfarm Fishery,

Broads,

Weybread Pits,

Marsh Farm,

Slater Pit,

Is your key board sticky, you seem to be repeating letters!!! :blink:

Sorry I don't live in your area so can't recommend anywere.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Is your key board sticky, you seem to be repeating letters!!!

Seems to be a deliberate affectation. No problems with the names of fisheries.

It seems that I've finally reached that age where I'm out of touch "wiv da yoof".

Sorry, I don't know the area either.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Good to see they're still learning Chaucer at school :lol:

Whan that April with his showres soote

The droughte of March hath perced to the roote,

And bathed every veine in swich licour,

Of which vertu engendred is the flowr;

innit

Sorry, I don't know Suffolk, but if you want to go a bit further afield into Norfolk I can help.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

How can you bore of the Broads?

There aren't really that many 'small hidden pools' in the part of Suffolk you're talking about. I would suggest you get to know the rivers round this way a little better. The upper Waveney which isn't very far from you at all, will fill the small and hidden criteria maybe often generally only in terms of the fish but by spending a few days out, you may learn enough to stand you in good stead for the future.

Get yourself a Bungay Cherry Tree junior ticket and you'll have access to the river over Bungay Common, the club water and the small mini gravel pit near the golf course..

Good luck

Fieldfarm Fishery,

Broads,

Weybread Pits,

Marsh Farm,

Slater Pit,

Have you tried suffolk water park? I used to fish it when I lived in Ipswich, not sure about age restrictions and its not "small" but it is worth a look, also not long before I left they opened a fishery near Stowmarket called Creetingn lakes or something like that, I think its somewhere between Needham market and stowmarket. Also in stowmarket there are a couple of smaller fisheries, one is called lakeside and the other is called riverside - although don't take my word as gospel truth because its been a few years since I was down there. There is also Needham lake. There is a fishery near woodbridge as well but I'm not sure of its name. I appreciate these are not local to lowestoft but they are in suffolk if you can get to them.

As one who lives in gooodd oldeee Oulton Broad I can heartily recommend the Waveney above Beccles. Oulton Broad was exceedingly good last summer but with the winter's salt water surges I suspect it might not start the season too well. Cop hold of a copy of John Wilson's fishing in Norfolk & Suffolk. An ordnance survey map, or Google Earth, will help you explore the area.

How can you possibly get bored of the Broads? They are the jewel in England's angling crown! The Waveney has been fishing its socks off for good roach and big bream. There's carp to over forty pounds, pike to thirty plus, catfish to sixty plus, hundred pound catches of bream are pretty common, what more can you want of angling? Apart from a good riverside pub serving Adnam's Broadside or Greenjack's Gone Fishing on draught!!

Edited by Peter Waller