Adcock Stanton Tool

Aaron1976

Hello everyone,

would anybody happen to know where on earth I could find a proper Adocck Stanton tool for unlocking the spool in order to clean it? I know that there is supposed to be a small aluminium tool selotaped to the instructions - but on every reel I've got its never come with the unlocking tool (think piece of alumnium with two prongs).

Its probably relatively easy to make I would have thought - I've rang the current Adcock Stanton manufacturers and they said they don't make them anymore as the spool design has changed nor do they keep parts for the old Cliff Adcock type design. Bit annoying as I need new handle screws too...

Does anyone had a spare or know where I could get one fashioned? My only hope now is contacting Cliff Adcock himself but I can't find a contact number.

Any help most welcome!

Aaron

P.S. On another subject - is there a way of viewing all posts on a topic without having to manually select each one!!?? Grrrr!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Its probably relatively easy to make I would have thought -

P.S. On another subject - is there a way of viewing all posts on a topic without having to manually select each one!!?? Grrrr!

I made my own, (from an old 2.5" flush hinge iirc) just cut a section out to bridge the central boss, it shouldn't be that tight that you need a great deal of leverage.

At the top right of your post, select *Options* and then display mode *Standard*

I made my own, (from an old 2.5" flush hinge iirc) just cut a section out to bridge the central boss, it shouldn't be that tight that you need a great deal of leverage.

At the top right of your post, select *Options* and then display mode *Standard*

Thanks Ayjay - the display mode was driving me mad! Regarding the 'tool', that's a good idea - I'll investigate that, seems like a good idea. I had some odd scrap aluminium hanging around but after a clearout it got thrown out...doh! Just what I flipping need right now, always the way!

The manually selecting posts thing happens when you use Google to get into Angler's Net.

Say you're completely full of yourself and you want to Google yourself to see just how popular you are and up pops Anglers' Net with your name beside it and you click on it, you'll change the thread listing to the manual one you described/hated with a passion.

Elton taught me that you know. I had the same problem. I wanted to see if I appeared on Google too.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...