NHS TO BE NO MORE

big_cod

Having just wathched the polotics show even i was taken back as to what i was about to see the tory health reforms are staggering doctors openly saying this is the end of the NHS as we know it.

The private sector is going cream off all the best bits and all leave the rest the whole thing hasnt been thought out properly its sending shivers down peoples spines this is what the torys have wanted for the last god knows how many years shocking to say the least hope you are all in bupa .

http://etonmess.blogspot.com/2010/11/end-o...ly-know-it.html

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

The centrepiece of the much-heralded public health white paper, launched today, is the move to hand responsibility and power to local authorities, together with the ringfencing of the budget. Under the previous government public health funds were raided in a frantic bid to pull cash-strapped hospitals out of deficit.

But the money promised, although it is said to be only a baseline, is a fraction of the total NHS spend, which is over £100bn and set to rise to £114bn over the next four years. Part of it will go to local authorities, while the rest will be spent by a new central body, called Public Health England, which will organise national programmes such as immunisation and screening. The money will also fund research into effective ways of persuading people to take better care of their health.

Health secretary Andrew Lansley said public health officials would rather have a ringfenced £4bn baseline than not, but agreed they would want more. "They will be looking over time for increases in that," he said.

Lansley called the white paper a radical plan to tackle the causes of premature death and ill health. Public health was also about the environment, poverty, education and housing, which were key concerns of local authorities. "People's health and wellbeing will be at the heart of everything local councils do. It's nonsense to think that health can be tackled on its own," he said. "Directors of public health will be able to champion local co-operation so that health issues are considered alongside housing, transport, and education.

end quote.

This quote appears to say something different to your cost cutting post big cod. Indeed it refers to even more money spent in the next few years. Do you have a comment on the bit referring to the last admins 'raiding' of funds. There is loads of info on the net that states that every admin has their ideas with regards to reforms. Is this one stating that the money will be targeted to the front line, that is what i'm reading as opposed to de-construction.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The NHS reforms to me echo the introduction of the never thought out poll tax this is a very risky strategy this goverment wants to privatize the NHS and are going round the houses to do it.

I can see this coming year being a serious year of discontent for this goverment once again they aint taking any notice what gp are saying and many other people in the profesion looks like mr cameron has broken another promise they are begining to mount up if you voted conservative this is what you voted for or did you. :angry:

Looks like the truckers are about start there engines this goverment is doing its best to put half of them out of buisness.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/...eaten-blockades

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Dunno, might be a bit of hype surrounding it. Remember recently where labour in opposition where spouting off about a double dip. They are now distancing themselves from that. To me that means the economy is heading in the right direction at last.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

A lot of people would say the economy was heading in the right direction prior to the last election. Of course I am only suggesting that the right direction is the direction to recovery.

Any new government will look at departments and try and put there mark on it. Hence reforms of one thing or another. The NHS has always been a thorn in the Tory party’s side (that’s why they voted against its introduction in the first place) they have reformed it time and time again. It’s very expensive as Barry has pointed out to us all. But I would say at the end of the day that it most certainly is one of the labour movement’s greatest achievements. Hence reform, reform reform.

Hello

Talk about looking after each other its been anouced this morning over £750,000 was donated to the tory party from companies who will benefit directly from the NHS shake up these are companies are in the private sector in health care its enough to make you sick (literally) it wasnt mention in the conserative manifesto but the knives must have been allready in well before the election backhanders comes to mind there will be more to come on this nothing surprizes me any more with this lot they are rotten to the core scandalous it all adds up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/2011...15875-22859373/

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Talk about looking after each other its been anouced this morning over £750,000 was donated to the tory party from companies who will benefit directly from the NHS shake up these are companies are in the private sector in health care its enough to make you sick (literally) it wasnt mention in the conserative manifesto but the knives must have been allready in well before the election backhanders comes to mind there will be more to come on this nothing surprizes me any more with this lot they are rotten to the core scandalous it all adds up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/2011...15875-22859373/

paul.

It seems to me that when the NHS was brought in, there was a need to look after the population as a whole, it was right after the war then, so the concept was a very good idea. Won the election for Labour so I'm told and that was good old left wing Labour, well may not good.

What also is not so good, was like any of our nationalised industries past and present and yes the health service is an industry like it or not, they never perform as well as the private sector.

Money before people was the cry, I remember every time the nationalisation dinosaur came under attack. Yet time and again released from the chains of government ownership failing industries either flourished or fell victim to the movement of time.

Right now we have a NHS doing a fantastic job but still under the restraints of government control. Fact is if set free the service would improve beyond recognition and the only thing stopping that is the fear of having to be pay for it.

I have no idea if it would cost more given in private ownership the NHS would have all the dead wood weeded out like all of the unnecessary pen pushers and managers. As long as the population are guaranteed service free at the point of need and payment through the national insurance system I can see no reason why the whole shooting match be sold off.

Helmet on and taking cover I’m Bob :P

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Well, speaking as a nurse who has experienced the mess that a labour government can make of the NHS (and I go back to Barbara Castle :P) and more recently as a patient in a dirty disorganised hospital (made that way by labour government targets amongst other things) I think that change is needed. In fact, if you let the NHS carry on as it is now it will cease to exist.

The NHS is not doing a fantastic job, it is coping but it could be so much better.

Here in France the service which is part State run and part private offers a level of service that is streets ahead of the NHS but of course, you get the level of service that you are prepared to pay for.

Contributions here are far higher in percentage of pay and most folk have private top up medical insurance as well.

Depends where your priorities lay.

The end of the NHS as we know it?

That might not be a bad thing ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/