Pike Fishing in Milton Keynes

mdhome

MDHOME.

If you are really serious about taking up pike fishing, and have a car I can put you on to an a1 venue ( I have just moved from that way and don't mind spilling a couple of beans- but not to many as to upset anyone).

The venue in question has a good bunch of dedicated Pikers , very helpful, so there should always be somebody there to help at weekends, but in the week you have the place to yourself- I miss it already.

Mind you this venue only has fishing ( any fishing ) 4 months of the year, and it has closed for this year so patience is needed.

For cheaper fishing the place to go is the Ouse,

I fished your area extensively for many years lure fishing all around so I can put you on to a couple of cracking ( and some of them free) spots.

So if you are interested email me, or P.M

But remember do not go pike fishing on your own at first, I did many years ago, it's not worth the trouble for you or the fish.

Cheers

Dan

mdhome:

I am newbie interested in Pike fishing and am looking for advice on where, when  and how to catch them etc in Milton Keynes. I am not really interested in landing *monsters* as such, just something to help me into the sport.

Regards MIchael

Would love to help but after 9 consecutive blank days myself I think I'm the one who needs help so will be watching this post closely for the next few days.

Would agree with the earlier post about starting with lure fishing. You are more likely to take smaller (jack) pike and as already said, less likely to deep (throat) hook them. This should make handling easier and give you good practice at un-hooking techniques before attempting to play with the bigger boys. Give spinning a go!!!

Best advice is to go and have a chat with your local tackle dealer.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Dan,

Me and my friend are thinking of fishing at Willow, as we have heard that there are some pike there. Have you ever fished there, or has any one else? If so what tips do you have. (My friend has been pike fighing before)

Thanks

Quest.

Quest:

Dan,

Me and my friend are thinking of fishing at Willow, as we have heard that there are some pike there. Have you ever fished there, or has any one else? If so what tips do you have. (My friend has been pike fighing before)

Thanks

Quest.

Quest, I only ever tried to fish Willow twice, in the close season ( which is South lake only).

I found it a daunting place, the locals told me the prey fish were all gone ( don't they always).

I was lure fishing, and I still never felt I had found the spot I wanted.

Now we are in the season, the North lake can also be fished, this lake has more "Features" But I think you'll find they are mostly in the "out of bounds" sections.

The place you are allowed to fish ( by the river) has pike anglers there from 12 midnight 15/6, so I guess it is worth it for those in the know.

Myself I would go to Bradwell, there are more definable bays and points, and 98% of the lake is fishable.

Also not so many dog walkers , bike riders , skateboarders, Muggers !! etc.

Somebody mentioned Dovecote, I thought that had become a Carp fishery, If not maybe Tim K can help you, He used to fish it.