keeping warm

nursejudy

Why not try some hand warmers, i use four, one in each pocket, as well as my thermal gear,

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""We females have to undress just to have a wee! & on a wet & windy river bank with very little cover in the winter they are a nightmare [[Eek!]] [[Eek!]] ""

mmmmm :D

mind you at the "lea" there is a bog ,25 years ago there was a real one that flushed (although most members forgot) and a tap for water ,although it tasted so bad tea was made with pond water :(:)

[ 09. November 2002, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

im going to try the shakespear sleep skin this winter heard somr good reports about it anyone else tried it.and it comes in a two piece so easy access for those essential things :D cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

Hi Judy,

You could do worse than try Transworld Surplus.

They supply both new and army surplus clothing

and do some excellent cold weather gear.some

of which is made for the Swedish army,and it

tends to get a little chilly there in winter.

They have a web site http://www.transworldsurplus.co.uk or you could e-mail

them at info@transworldsurplus.co.uk.

Hope this helps.

Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened!

nursejudy:

has anyone any tips on how i can keep warm if i want to keep fishing this winter. nurse judy

Have a look at this stuff http://www.denewear.co.uk/shop.cfm?category=swanndri

New Zealand wool and waterproof!

If you get the smock, don't allow for too many sweaters underneath. You won't need them!

You could always ask Newt or Nightwing about the goose down coats that they like over there for stalking/Hunting. Probably need a waterproof outer shell in this country.

Gloves? Don't bother! Plunge your hands in the water at the start of the session and let them dry in the wind. Agony while they are drying but the circulation is stimulated.

Warm water? P*ss on each other's hands instead.

Jim Roper

[ 09. November 2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

hi to you all,

manythanks for all the replies with advice, :) my xmas list is going to be interesting this year thermal long johns,hand warmers and i take the point about a hat, :P it especially good to get lyn's advice,the men just don't understand the difficulties going to the loo poses for us :confused: :confused: if i get all this stuff on,i will never be able to get it off in time for the loo, perhaps i have the answer,a catheter will keep you posted .ta much judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

You could be right Judy, I met an old guy (88) on the Kennet and as I was took short I asked him to look after my gear while I searched for somewhere to "go".

When I returned he said" I dont have that trouble anymore, I bring my own bag with me!" So old age can have its rewards :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

hi den,

there is an easy answer for you lucky men this bit is medical not coarse,you can get a sheath just like a condom but it has a tube at the end, you roll it on just like a condom but connect a tube that has a bag at the end you can easily empty,aren't men lucky judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Extra extra large incontinence pads, uni sex, are useful. Certainly a great aid to keeping warm in the winter. :D Chest waders are also a useful alternative, and you have the added pleasure of warm feet, even if you do end up with wrinkled toes!