Hunt Sabs attack maggot farms

phil dean

I went fishing this weekend as did many of you I'm sure.

The banks were unusually quite for a bank holiday, and there was a definate shortage of children.

I enquired of others as to whether they knew why, It appears that the anti angling/hunt sab/anti shooting brigade struck in the North East last week, they broke into the areas maggott farms and sprayed DDT on the growing maggots,

Whilst this had little effect on me and others in the chopped worm and bread punch brigade, it is fair warning that we are a target as are the businesses we support. There actions this weekend will have stopped hundreds enjoying our great sport. Many of those who couldn't fish may not bother again.

There is a concerted campaign against angling and it isn't going to go away.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

You'd think they would have released them into the wild.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

i think its been illegal to use ddt for years ,i`m sure court action will follow :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just to prove how little the ANTI's know and how blinkered their approach is to "proving a point".

They attack a maggot farm. They spray DDT all over the place.

OK. Lets take a few FACTS on DDT.

DDT takes quite a while to break down. Anywhere between 2 and 15 years.

One of it's primary uses is as an INSECTICIDE.

If introduced into water courses the INSECTICIDE affects kills water living invertibrates such as midge lavae (Question number 1: What lives in water and eats aquatic invertibrates such as midge lavae?? - FISH !!!) - killing aquatic invertibrates (such as larvae) will eventually starve the fish to death since they have no natural food supply.

The fish eat the midge lavae - lots of them...the chemicals build up (bioaccumulation) with more lavae eaten. DDT is highly toxic to fish...RESULT = DEAD FISH...Larger fish eat little fish (dead OR alive)...more bioaccumulation...fish (dead OR alive) are prayed upon by birds...more bioaccumulation...which in turn are prayed upon by birds of pray (most of which are endangered species)...DDT has been proven to affect mating between pairs of birds and has been proven to thin egg shells making incubation difficult (think the RSPB would be interested in the actions of these mindless individuals ????)...where does it all end??

So, they don't like us going fishing and using maggots...they spray DDT on the maggots to kill them...the DDT gets into the water...and eventually kills the fish that they are supposed to be helping.

About as intelligent as releasing thousands of MINK into the wild...

Do these people have brains ???

If this is the way they are to act then they should be stopped since they are more likely to do more damage through their actions than any angler would through his or hers.

I will admit on this forum that I have viewed several ANTI's web-sites (know your enemy) and the only way to describe them is a terrorist activists. Maybe George Bush might like to add PETA to his list along with SADAM ????

Tight Lines

Chris

Nice reply Chris, perhaps you should email it to a few daily newspapers for their letters page.

Dont know where the maggot farm is, but none of my local shops have any maggotts and are not sure when they are getting any.

Scott.

[ 28. August 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Scott ]

Instead of our 3 fresh deliveries a week we were down to one, and that was last Thursday, and they were rubbish.

I wonder if they were infected with DDT?????.

IF they were, what efect would that have on any fish we had, and indeed the water????? and US who used them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very well done you anti brigade,what damage have you caused to the environment and fish stocks,now thats clever, bunch of morons.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

jangar - you will be quite safe with only occasional exposure to DDT.

Longer and chronic exposure might make the shells of your eggs too fragile to be safely hatched but other than that, DDT is much more of a threat to various small outside-dwelling critters than to people and most other large animals.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President