Real reel opinions

Malters

Would appreciate opinions on these baitrunners from users;

Daiwa regal 3500 x or z

Shimano 4000 dl fa or the st fa

okuma interceptor pro

will be using them for tench on stillwaters and barbel on the bris and hampshire avons.

Hi

I have the daiwa regal plus .

I bought 2 last year for when I need baitrunner tactics.

I have all daiwa reels for my course fishing in many sizes. The regal plus is not quite as good as my other daiwa,s but the others have mostly cost between 1 and 2 hundred pounds each the regals are £50.

Based on this I am very happy with them.

They have a nice wide spool which I have got used to with daiwa reels.

I did look at the more expensive daiwa baitrunners but they were a lot heavier and as I fish for bream/ tench and not carp they were too heavy for my rods. If I was after carp or used heavier rods I would buy them.

John

The reason for the new reels is because i am fed up with the sticky rear drags on my shimano 5000 gte-c reels.

Maybe they just need a clean/service if you have not already had this done.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Would appreciate opinions on these baitrunners from users;

Daiwa regal 3500 x or z

Shimano 4000 dl fa or the st fa

okuma interceptor pro

will be using them for tench on stillwaters and barbel on the bris and hampshire avons.

You won't go far wrong with the Okumas, they're a very good spec for the price and well made.

The Shimano reels Tigger is telling you to look at second hand were in fact made by Okuma which speaks volumes.

You won't go far wrong with the Okumas, they're a very good spec for the price and well made.

The Shimano reels Tigger is telling you to look at second hand were in fact made by Okuma which speaks volumes.

I'm not to sure how true the old tale that okuma made/make shimanos reels is Rob. I was in a large tackle shop recently and asked if okuma have ever or still make shimano reels and I was told "deffinatly not". I don't know myself but that's what I was told from a large dealer.

I'm not to sure how true the old tale that okuma made/make shimanos reels is Rob. I was in a large tackle shop recently and asked if okuma have ever or still make shimano reels and I was told "deffinatly not". I don't know myself but that's what I was told from a large dealer.

I did look into it a while back, apparently the two companies had a falling out which resulted in Shimano no longer using Okuma as a supplier and Okuma going out on their own.

I have it on good authority that the 5010 GTE's were manufactured by Okuma.