best fishing line

spud mckay

im going to buy some new line for my match rod

feeder rod

and carp rod

i was wondering what line i should get for each of them

on my match rod when i use that i like fishing all the way threw i dont like putting bottom line on it,so whats the best line for my match

also what line should i get for my quiver tip rod

and what line should i get for my carp rod

the place i fish as loads of fish from perch roach tench chubb upto carp,the biggest carp is about 15lbs somthing like that

also whats the best way to put line on your reel

These are only my personal favourites but here goes.

On the match rod I would use Drennan double strength.depending on what you fish for,If you fish mainly comercials with few snags then I would go with 4-5lb.

On the quiver rod I would go for Maxima in 5lb.

And for the carp rod I would load up with Diawa Sensor in 12lb.

As I said these are personal favourites and Im sure other people will have their's.

In regards to loading reels If you have deep spools then what I do is to buy a cheap spool of sea fishing mono in 20lb and fill the spool roughly half way then tie the end of the fishing line to the new line and fill to about a 16th of an inch/3mm from the lip of the spool. Alternatively you could use wool wound on tightly to prevent bedding in, or even masking tape will do. If you have reels with match/shallow spools then just wind the line straight on.

If you have trouble loading reels then just do a search and there should be quite a few topics here to help you.

good luck

Anthony

Effort equals reward!!

On my match rod I would use 4lb with a 2lb hook length, but you dont want that, so I guess 3-4lb would do the job all the way to the hook.

If going after carp,tench,chub with my match rod I would use 5lb line with a 4lb hook length.

With my feeder rod, which I usually go after bream, tench, carp, chub, barble etc I will use anything from 6lb - 10lb.

I dont fish for carp much but when I do I use 12lb line.

Hope this of some help

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

On my match rod i use 3lb Maxima.

Feeder anything from 6lb to a 4lb hook length to 8lb stright throw.

Carp Fishing depends i have a gew spools.10lb ,8lb,12lb 15lb depends on how snaggy/night fishing/how shy the fish are and size of fish targeting.

I use Drennan Double Strength in 4lb for my match rod & 6lb for feeder fishing. I have Daiwa Sensor in 12lb for the odd bit of carping. I bought and tried (cos it was cheap) some Shimano Beastmaster line. The stuff was like a coiled spring (despite being careful when loading the reel), I can't recommend it.

Terry