Perch lures / spinners

RUDD

Ok - getting into spinning for Perch but want to move on from Meps spinners and small spoons.

Had plenty of success but would like to increase the varyation in my lure box.

What other lures (and patterns) would you recommend?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some soft plastics mate.

Look for slug-gos in 4.5 inch size (whatever colour you want), plus texposer hooks, potentially some belly weights also, depending on how far you need to cast.

small shads to be mounted on jig heads.

Edited by Malters

I'm getting into spinning spoons and spinners for perch too, although i havent tried it small oft lures like rubber lures are supposed to be good, also small plugs like for pike but smaller. Let us know how you get on :)

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

What sort of casting weight is your rod capable of ?

Had great success with tiny crankbaits like the Yogi, they will also catch chub and pike

PerchJune2010.jpg

Also fishing plastic lures, sub 4inch grubs and shads for example. Can be fishing on a jig head or weightless.

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Ok - getting into spinning for Perch but want to move on from Meps spinners and small spoons.

My lure boxes have all kinds in them, but still have the most succes and have the most confidence in the 'mepps' (try the larger sizes too).

'Storm' sofbodies are good, try the anchovy patterns, I especially like the bronze one ('cos the stripys do).

Like Budgie I used ABU atom to take what was my PB perch for years.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Rapalas of <7cm are perfect for perch. The original 3cm in gold or silver(a lure I sadly lost in a tree this summer) is quite possibly the best all round plug I've ever used. The best spinner I've ever encountered for perch is the mepps aglia willow blade in size 0 or 00, it's my get out of jail free spinner, one that i've stopped using as a first choice simply on the grounds of it being seemingly too good.

Edited by thamesoddity

I like the Meps type spinners but soft plastic shads and spinner baits have caught me penty of bigger perch too.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.