outraged at this!

dean in devon

i'm sorry but i have to pot this up after reading todays angling times.

angling times website

i am shocked to read this, i have fallen many of times whilst fishing, this is sad and i can see i will end up ruining i all for all of us who fish...

i want to swear but i keeping calm, but i swear that 63 year old passes me i'll smack him!

i hope he will not be alowed to fish on any site!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the signs will read, No eastern europeans

No taking of fish

No Jeffrey Gardner

Barbless hooks only

Oh yeah, and Wet and/or slippery grass

What a joke, and what a tool

It is not just commercials that are at risk

Following an incident last year, one of my angling clubs intends to become a limited company

.....any ‘no win, no fee’ lawyer could have pursued the Club, the officers and the members for compensation. Yes, the members...... ......Lawyers will pursue clubs to get member lists and will then profile these lists to identify people with assets. They then pursue these individuals for compensation, whether they are officers, trustees or in any position of authority does not matter. This can all be avoided by incorporating (ie becoming a limited company). Incorporation would limit individual liability to £1. Why would we not do it?

I don't know how accurate that is as a statement of club members' liability, but with the AGM season coming up, it is worth investigating for any clubs y'all might be members of.

It is quite easy to form a limited company, but immunity from liability is not that simple - you would have to show the limited company had taken all reasonable steps to ensure the venue was safe, directors can still be pursued if judged negligent.

To be absolutely safe, the club would have to ban fishing, and fill the lake in :rolleyes::rolleyes:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

This compensation culture is crippling our society from NHS and councils down to our fisheries. Greedy fat-cat solicitors and cheating con-men like this have a lot to answer for!

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

A friend of mine who is a charter skipper is currently undergoing the same problem, again some 60 year old fell of his boat while getting into the tender, moron, and somehow that is the skippers fault, despite the fact that he has been operating for nearly 10 years and this is the first time it has ever happened. The guy wasn't even seriously hurt i don't think, maybe a cut and a bruise.

Grass/wood/rain/ice/slopes make things slippery......

Anyone who has a brain should know this! Its not the fishery owners fault in the slightest..

Makes me sick how people can claim compensation for their own stupidity :yucky:

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

Personally it doesn't surprise me one bit he got sued. If i need a platform like that at work, it would have to be to HSE standards (hand rails......), put up by someone trained and check daily. To knock up something out of a bit of old wood and then sit the paying public on it, is just asking for it these days.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep