Playing fish with two hands on the rod

WickerDave

Nugg:

"Copyright 2004 Peter Waller."

Whats all this about then Peter. :confused: Should I now ask your permission to quote your posts???????

You have my permission Nugg, no fee either. It goes back to the question re Me and uplifting from forums. Nothing sinister and, dare I say it, a tad tongue in cheek but who knows.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why? :( "

Because I'm quite enjoying it :)

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Dear Peter,

You said;

"Are we any nearer a conclusive conclusion that is acceptable to all parties involved?"

If I had a pound for everytime the above has been asked of political angling. Answer? This is UK angling Peter old love and nothing you or I, or anyone else outside the great almighty could say will ever hope to appease all parties involved.

Aside of course if said party had free beer then I would hazard a guess that all would become acceptable to all parties concerned by say "nine o'clock?" That is of course provided the beer remained free!! However, there "IS" a downside to the free beer ploy. Mr Heylin in tee-total so I suppose we'd have to spike his coffee?

Regards,

Lee.

Eh!!! That is far too surreal, even for me. Not being one to believe in the almighty, it sounds like a statement more becoming of the mushrooms than free beer. Still, no bad thing in that - anything better than political angling. If Thatcher had turned out to be a closet pole angler I could have derided her for that, instead of wishing her to be a source of scrawny squatts.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Well, if it's mushies that you are into then go to www.chillsandthrills.com/?aid=12345!! Personally I'd rather go for the free beer, if it's quality!! Pint of Broadside please, go to www.adnams.co.uk

Poor old Margaret, don't think the history books will be kind to that scary old individual! England turned a corner with that one :( .

[ 10. April 2004, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Dear Pete, (Sharpe)

Free beer can almost be gauranteed to bring about a state of serenity for most. Even bring about surreal experiences for those lucky enough to be dragged before its barrels. Providing of course that said barrels are filled with real beer and not that chemical muck supped dahn sarf!

Only the weak of mind and feeble in joint need magic's. Real men quench their thirsts on Shipstones bitter and Babycham.

Dear Peter W,

England certainly did turn a corner with said Lady. Some in the town of her birth would certainly like to build her into one!!

Broadside? Pond Pooh.

Regards,

Lee.

Mr Burbeller, I will try to reserve a glass of a select vintage claret (or a choice Viet-Namese Burgundy) for you, should we ever cross carbon at Collingham.

Had my first trip out yesterday since posting that I'd try this. It turned out to be a venue best evening session, 7 carp to 11½lb including three doubles. On 1¼lb TC Avon rods using a second hand above the reel did give more control, especially when the fish were close in, and less wrist/arm strain. Obvious, really.

I'm just off to buy the pink shirt and handbag now... :D