River Wye Fishing

Elton

Posted on behalf of Nigel 1961. Please add all replies to this thread:

hi to all

in sept oct nov i was lucky enough to make many

trips to the river wye fishing for barble and chubb. had many of both on first few trips,as

winter set in the there was only the odd fish, i realy fancy a trip this month, sa it is a 1 1\2 hour trip would any of you kind gents have any hints and tipps plus what kind of rigg would you use plus bait and what kind of loose feed,

any thing would be helpfull

nigel

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I was watching a Fox winter legaue match on the Wye this Sunday. There are 3 methods of attack they use...

1. Maggot feeder (kamasan black cap) with a 2ft hooklength

2. Stick float (Woody bolo type)

3. Pole to hand

Also this website is VERY helpful...

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homea...?stationId=4002

The best possible advice i can give is to give Woody a ring (01432 344644), or go see him in the tackle shop. He knows the river better than anymore & once held the match record of 190lb odd of fish in 5 hours! He also coaches Hadrian Whittle who won the 3 day festival.

I was watching a Fox winter legaue match on the Wye this Sunday. There are 3 methods of attack they use...

1. Maggot feeder (kamasan black cap) with a 2ft hooklength

2. Stick float (Woody bolo type)

3. Pole to hand

Also this website is VERY helpful...

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homea...?stationId=4002

The best possible advice i can give is to give Woody a ring (01432 344644), or go see him in the tackle shop. He knows the river better than anymore & once held the match record of 190lb odd of fish in 5 hours! He also coaches Hadrian Whittle who won the 3 day festival.

thanks for the info with a bit of luck i will get up to the wye very soon

i will give woody a ring if i manage to get up there thanks for the number ed

nigel 1961