Size at which carp grow ?

Bradford Angler

Carp will double in size each year until about 4 when they are adult size and slow down. On the other hand if the pool is stocked tightly they will not grow like normal. If the carp breed and numbers keep increasing you can find yourself with a pond full of 1lb carp. The amount of food they ingest can be found by feeding and watching. Find out how much food they can eat in 5 mins and feed them that amount 2-3 times a day.

Regards

Ed 'Herefords bagging machine'

www.kingfisher-club.vze.com

A chap I know, who manages some estate land, allowed a couple of people, from near Romsey I think, to put some carp in the ponds on his patch. He claims that some grew from 13lb to 25 lb in the first summer and claimed it was down to the strain. Is it possible that they were making compensatory growth, like cattle do, having just had a hungry winter, or was it just B******T? The ponds were not previously stocked as far as I know.

I read in a book from the library that in Indonesia, carp reach 1 kilo in their first year. Down to year-round water temperature I presume.

In answer to a previous query, this chap has been granted a permit to shoot cormorants but, "Only because I know the Ministry bloke".

Jim Roper

http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

[ 16. November 2002, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net