Daves Pool, Warwickshire

WickerDave

Does anyone know the name and address or phone number of the owners of "Daves Pool" in Wolvey, Warwickshire?

There seems to be a few posters who fish Makins nearby, has anyone fished this pool or is the lure of the easy pickings at Makins too great?

Guest pholt_uk

Wicker, I've been to Makins a couple of times but i've not heard of this lake before. Are you sure it's called Daves Pool? There's a lake near Wolvey called Lakeside fishery which I am going to this weekend, is this it? I dont know of any other lakes in Wolvey.

Paul

Yes, it is called Daves Pool, according to the battered sign on the gate. It is on the left just as you exit the centre of Wolvey going north (on the bend just past the church and the "Stop the airport" sign).

I did visit Lakeside a couple of winters ago and walked around it. There were a few people there who were really struggling, so I don't know if it is a winter water. I haven't fished it yet.

Guest pholt_uk

Dave,

I went on a recky to Lakeside today and there was no-one there. An old-boy turned up though and gave me some history on the lake. Sounds like it fished well... in the summer! He's given up for the year. I shall give it a go on Saturday regardless.

I kept an eye out for Daves lake too, and approached Wolvey on the Lutterworth road but didn't spot the sign. I'll have another look at the weekend.

Tight lines

Paul

Dave's Pool is on the right just as you turn right towards Wolvey if heading from Lakeside. I haven't fished it, but did have a look around earlier this year. Looks solid with carp and rudd and seems to fish better (according to those who were there) early and late due to it's small size. As for who to contact, I haven't yet found out!

Steve

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk

• 5 years later...

I am only 10 minutes away from Dave's Pool, but have never fished it. I do know a few people who do and they always catch. Mainly silvers and small carp but the odd big one does turn up. It is full of silver fish, and a pleasant enough place to fish.

Paul