cray fish

riverlover

Hi - On the canal around Watford area some of the stretches are infested with crayfish during warm weather, the only way to avoid them AND catch fish has been to loosefeed very regularly and fish at least 8 inches off the bottom.

Keep the feed going in because once it reaches the bottom it has to be considered as "dead" bait.

Good luck

I've seen small cages used to hold a boilie while protecting it from crayfish. Should be workable for carp.

Putting your bait in a piece of nylon stocking will protect it for a little while.

Getting the EA to allow use of signal crayfish as bait is probably the best idea. They are excellent for a large number of species. Live or just the tail.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Crayfish seem to pester barble anglers as they love all the loose feed and the meat. I found a harder bait like a soaked boilie works well. To tell the truth i wouldnt mind a few crayfish around my hook bait. Barble will come flying in to eat the buggers!

Regards

Ed 'Herefords bagging machine'

www.kingfisher-club.vze.com