Now I live on a lake

severus

Pleased to hear things are getting back to normal, flooding just isn't funny!!

We were flooded in 2001 and it was a 6 month job to get us almost back to normal and we only had a couple of inches of water right through the house.

That little creek looks the business in Jan's photos, what does it have in it fish wise?

Colin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That little creek looks the business in Jan's photos, what does it have in it fish wise?

Colin

Chubs mostly, although steelhead and suckers are around. In October we get a run of chinook salmon out of Lake Michigan and they bed on the gravel:

BlissCreeksalmon2.jpg

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Right across the lake from Severus in Gays Mills, Wisconsin today

464.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Wow. That's gonna leave a mark. Hey, I fished Lake Michigan today - the launch docks were nearly submerged, and there were a lot of logs and things washed into the lake from the rivers. Flotsam and jetsam. Incidentally, just what the h is flotsam and jetsam, anyhow?

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Flotsam = large floating debris such as logs, wrecked vessels, dead cows, etc.

Jetsam = smaller crud. Originally items dumped from ships but now, any floating or slowly sinking trash too small to class as Flotsam.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Wow. That's gonna leave a mark. Hey, I fished Lake Michigan today - the launch docks were nearly submerged, and there were a lot of logs and things washed into the lake from the rivers. Flotsam and jetsam. Incidentally, just what the h is flotsam and jetsam, anyhow?

Always thought they were a comedy act from the IOW :rolleyes:

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

OK. Now tell me this: is there such a thing as a smithereen, and if so, what is it?

Smashed to smithereens ==broken into tiny pieces.

i googled it and this was one of the answers==smaller than a smither but bigger than a smattering! :)

makes perfect sense to me. :rolleyes:

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Our Midwest weather continues to be a little on the nasty side.

Taken from a Wunderground.com page

flooding.jpg

And a Wisconsin 270 acre lake that went from full to mud in a few hours.

http://iht.com/articles/2008/06/10/america/storms.php

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/homes-sw...lood/1258349557