Are you watching this one, Rusty?

Chris Plumb

As most of the pin addicts on here like to actually fish, the question in my mind is.... if you could bid and win this magnificent reel would you actually use it and if so would you use it on your local bit of running water or save it for a trip somewhere special to you ? Maybe if we all put £50 in we could do a time share, Bags all of Feb. :D

Now that to me really does take the mick. These reels are very pretty to look at and fine if you want to keep them in a cabinet but as far as using them goes then there are lots better. I had one shown below which was unused and had the antique finish. The build quality is not the best but the rarity value is high and are sort after by collectors although in terms of monetary value nowhere near what is being asked. I bought mine for a lot less then sold it as there is no way that I would have used it.

post-8110-1297590808_thumb.jpgpost-8110-1297590769_thumb.jpg

post-8110-1297590728_thumb.jpgpost-8110-1297590755_thumb.jpg

post-8110-1297590780_thumb.jpgpost-8110-1297590795_thumb.jpg

Does look nice Chris but I don't know anything about them (TT's post is enlightening though).

KAYC, thankfully there are very few 'pin 'collectors' on this site, doesn't matter who made it or what it's worth it gets strapped to a rod and covered in maggot crap just like any other reel.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

The only reel that I've bought that i haven't used is one of two built so I understand. Mr. Crabtree's Grangecaster multiplier.....mind you I've got a day plugging and dead baiting for pike shortly so who knows? An old wooden plug, braided silk line and a split cane 5' trigger grip casting rod and we could be having fun!

As for the featured 'pin, what, brass fittings? What a cheapskate, couldn't run to proper nickel silver?

Wonder what my 12 spoke's worth then? B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Just out of interest, I sold the one I had on e-bay and could not believe the number of watchers. It went crazy at the end of the auction with bids from several people who I knew to be collectors. The final price was just over £200 which gave me a bit of profit but I think that Worms comments are spot on and if someone buys the one currently on e-bay then they must have more money than sense. As I said previously, they are pretty to look at but not users.