Nev Fickling Rejoins PAC!

Guest Elton

Guest Leon Roskilly

For Angling, this is brilliant news!

Personally, I would have had NF chopped into little pieces and fed to lampreys.

But fortunately, Mark Leathwood and the rest of those involved have proven themselves to be bigger men than I.

There could have been few instances, in the history of the PAC when a committee has had to take such a tough decision.

With so much at stake in the coming new year, they have set an example for everyone in putting aside old differences and clearing the field so that everyone can pull together for the benefit of us all.

I hope that all of us can live up to that expectation.

Tight Lines - leon

Guest Graham E

Sense prevails. As in all aspects of "Committee" action there were shortfalls on all sides. BUT, it takes brave men to come together after the event and heal the rifts.

Well done Alan and Nev.

Originally posted by Leon Roskilly:

For Angling, this is brilliant news!

Personally, I would have had NF chopped into little pieces and fed to lampreys.

But fortunately, Mark Leathwood and the rest of those involved have proven themselves to be bigger men than I.

There could have been few instances, in the history of the PAC when a committee has had to take such a tough decision.

With so much at stake in the coming new year, they have set an example for everyone in putting aside old differences and clearing the field so that everyone can pull together for the benefit of us all.

I hope that all of us can live up to that expectation.

Tight Lines - leon

Sorry Leon,

I think you will have to count me out relative to that sentiment!

Mac

Guest Peter Waller

Leon says it all. At one time I vowed that I would resign if NF was re-admitted to the PAC! A few weeks ago I wrote to the PAC Committee and suggested that they look to the future and not to the past. Hopefully it was sound advice and now its one that I shall have to follow! I would add that I doubt my letter made a jot of difference! I just hope Nev will have the common courtesy not to crow over this one. I rather liked Dave Lumb's recent letter in the Jan. edition of Pike & Predators re NF's personality, thought it spot on. Personally I don't think Nev has done as much for angling as he would like us to believe.

[This message has been edited by Peter Waller (edited 23 December 2000).]

Guest Alan Pearce

Peace on water, for the festive season. Beleive you me it took a lot of hard work for those involved to reach an agreement, proving and I think setting an example for others, both now and in the future.

There are still bridges to be built and those concerned have made a good start for the benefit of both pike fishing and angling as a whole. Let 2001 be the year where angling unity works and let us all get stuck into the bigger picture and sort out the larger issues affecting our sport. Thanks to Leon and Graham for their words of encouragement and sense.

Best fishes

Alan. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Alan Pearce (edited 23 December 2000).]

Guest Dave Lumb

I am sure that there will be others aside from Mac who find the readmission of Neville Fickling to the PAC a bitter pill to swallow.

However, it might be worth everyone concerned heeding the words which Al Gore quoted following his defeat in the US Presidential election: "Partisan feeling must give way to patriotism".

There could be no better time, than in this season of goodwill, for pike anglers to put aside personal feelings and look toward the common cause of pike fishing’s long term future. May it be long and bright.

Happy Christmas to pike anglers everywhere.

Dave Lumb

Leon wrote:There could have been few instances, in the history of the PAC when a committee has had to take such a tough decision."

Sorry Leon, I find it difficult to understand as to how a 'cop out' can be described as a hard decision?

Mac

The whole issue of Blithfield and the resulting expulsions from the PAC did no one ie Piking in general,the PAC or any of the expelled members any good at all.As far as Neville him self he is a some what controversial figure and despite having met and had a laugh with(and often at)him I still would not really say I liked him or agreed with all his views.He is however a major player in the world of Pike fishing and as such his place should be in the PAC.I would like to say that I am glad that it has all turned out well in the end but I am sure that his return to the fold will be met with equal approval and disaproval.I dont think that my views or anyone elses for that matter on the rights and wrongs of the Blithfield situation really matter.What does matter is that this is a chance for the PAC to unite.Then maybe the rest of us can all follow suit.I hope that lessons have been learnt by all.