Nev Fickling Rejoins PAC!

Guest Elton

Originally posted by Steve Randles:

Hey Mac...I bet you can still remember the boy from three doors away...who kicked you in the leg when you where five, forgive and forget! Lets ALL move on from here.

Instead of living in the past, lets build a future.

There's always one.

Please forgive me if I choose to treat both you and your remarks with the contempt they justifiably deserve.

Mac

Guest Steve Randles

Mac

You obviuosly like/enjoy your fishing, and for all I know, you already give up your time to further angling, after your own fashion. I do not slate you, but I do wish to stop anglers argueing, between ourselves (see Ian Cresswells post, quoting Gordon Scott, please!). This is a power, that when united would be all conquering, much different from the state of affairs at the moment-anglers arguing, antis on our case,pollution etc etc.

Can we not all agree to disagree, on certain small issues and address the bigger picture?

We all have our opinions, and believe me, I too have jumped in stating my view on one or more occasions.

What good, would come from these anglers publically apologising in a magazine? Isn't it enough that they where seperated from the club that they had obviously joined for the love of the sport in the first place? They now have to answer questions, probably for a few years from now or more on the subject, at various fish-ins/meetings/popping down the tackle shop.

Please, please let byegones be byegones, and move towards stopping the next angler, from making these mistakes. We can all do it.

------------------

Tight Lines

Steve Randles

Originally posted by Steve Randles:

Mac

Can we not all agree to disagree, on certain small issues and address the bigger picture

Steve,

What you refer to as 'small' issues, are fundamental in the minds of many within PAC, closer to the issue than perhaps you are.

However, As I have said before, you are entitled to your opinion. I may not agree with it but I respect it and your right to express it.

Try reciprocating.

Mac

Guest Steve Randles

I also agree with your right to express yourself...and to your views and thoughts I have no problem with.

I am now reciprocating..

Please then, help me to understand the fundamental issue in hand, and more importantly, why an apology IS necessary? Then perhaps, I could understand why this seems to be never ending (the Blithfield row, that is...).

My only wish...to put back, what I've already taken out of this sport.

------------------

Tight Lines

Steve Randles

Please then, help me to understand the fundamental issue in hand, and more importantly, why an apology IS necessary?

[/b]

Steve,

May I assume you are not a PAC member? If you are, you will be familier with the circumstance over the past 12 0r 13 months. If not, I can understand your confusion. I am not about to cover the issue again here, and can only refer you to my previous postings. I myself have been very close to the issue, from day one to the present day, and know better than most the toll it exacted from a number of decent people trying to do a good job in very difficult circumstances.

In a nut shell, NO ONE (Joe Bloggs or ANYONE else ) should be or can be seen to profit from such publicly vented shameful and abusive behaviour directed toward a number of people as well as the club itself without at the very least, a full unqualified equally public apology to those concerned.

In the absence of this fundamental requirement in the eyes of many, 'profit' is exactly what he has exacted at little or no cost to himself in the grand scheme of things. This aspect has been alluded to by others today.

I for one find this shameful carve up quite disgraceful and have genuine fears as to who will be left to pick up the butchers bill.

I feel I must finally draw my contribution to this debate at this forum to a close. If people out there do not understand my position, it is likely they are not PAC members, and if that is the case

I can understand why they may have difficulty appreciating the strong feelings I and others within PAC have in relation to this issue.

This may not satisfy your question, but without repeating the entire events chaper & verse, it will have to do.

Yours in sport

Mac

[This message has been edited by Mac (edited 26 December 2000).]

Guest Danny H

I have never met N.F, But in the years reading his stuff, one thing always shines out . The self promotion of N.F far out weighs any point he seems to have on the welfare of Pike and pike fishing.

Nothing wrong with this I s'pose as he does make a living out of fishing, But it does not make for a sympathetic public.

From a laymans point of view from what I have read over the last year or so Mick Brown seems to have done himself an awful lot of good on this issue , by just remaining silent on it.

Have a good term to the new Pac .

As an aside J.Milford was the last Chair for the LAS, and a fine commitee it was too, will be missed.

Guest Steve Randles

Mac,

I have looked back on your comments, as you advised me to do. I’m afraid to say that all I have found are negativity and non-answers.

You have continually called for apologies and cast aspersions on others anglers

You willingly take part in a discussion forum, stating your views (I have no problem with that), you scald others, when they question your points but at the end, you are un-approachable, even when you are met “half-way” and asked for this information.

When I say I have looked back on your comments, I mean this. I have searched this site for your posts, and read every one, have you posted or been published anywhere else, where I might gain this information that you are unwilling to divulge to us here on this Bulletin Board? Or is it too much to post here?…. How long will it take you too type it in to “word” and cut and paste it on here, so we might learn? 1 hour…2 hours?…Myself, I’ll be doing this kind of thing from now on…spare me an hour!

Again, I seek only to understand, and I have nothing more to go on, than your previous posts. You state in your profile for this BB that conservation is your thing, so where is it? All I see are negative posts to this angler or that angler..It’s apology or nothing, what comes after the apology, will you forgive and forget? Or will you continually “spar” on this issue?

If you choose to respond to this post, I would suggest that you answer some of MY fundamental questions, and as you requested, reciprocate to me.

Fundamental questions:

1.Why is an apology necessary from these anglers, and what benefit would the PAC achieve?

2.Why, when entering a discussion forum, do you choose to state, as opposed to “discussing” a subject?

3.Why when met half-way, do you stay put?

4.Do you think “Angling” has a future?

5.If so, how do you see it?

6. And if this future is for the better, how do you see your own, the PACs, or even Nev’s involement growing, as things stand?

------------------

Tight Lines

Steve Randles

Guest Dave. L

Steve,

I don't see why you have to be so aggresive in your quest for answers from Mac, I don't know whether you know Mac's identity or not but if so you will be aware of his massive contribution to the PAC over many years and to numerous comittee's.

Nev's torrent of abuse aimed at the PAC and it's comittee members over the last few months has upset many PAC members, and quite a few would have liked to see a meaningful apology before Nev was allowed to rejoin.

I cannot see what is so hard to understand about that.

Dave.