Now let's ban fishing

Colin Brett

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about keeping fish in a tank at home, surely that is going to be banned soon!!! And another thing, friends of mine have been verbally threatened and offered voilence before now. Fortunatly, the old saying of "An alsation a day keeps the muggers at bay" paid off. Another one ended up with a fracture rib after running away from the dog and tripping over! Justice served I think

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Received this reply at 10.19 am:

"This has absolutely nothing to do with me.

Theresa Thom"

According to 1471, someone called me at 10.23 am and witheld their number!

I suppose she might just have found my number in that short time!

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

[ 06. September 2002, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

According to 1471, someone called me at 10.23 am and witheld their number!

My god!!!! Whats going on, people *withholding telephone numbers*. I can honestly say I've never heard of that before - perhaps British Telcom are involved in the conspiracy too????

An identical letter also appeared in The Stamford Mercury today. How stupid can that person be? In all probability it was copied and sent by a group of people, in which case, they make Class War look like The Green Berets.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

This has also appeared apparently:

Swindon Evening Advertiser 19.4.02

Angling is cruel to fish

WHILST I wholeheartedly agree with Nicola Brewer (EA April 12) that hunting should be banned I feel that it is time that our parliamentarians and the anti-blood sport campaigners got their order of priority right.

A recent report by the RSPCA stated that in the preceding 12 months inspectors had been called out to deal with over three thousand cases involving swans, geese, ducks and other waterfowl suffering from the result of having swallowed fish hooks or had become entangled on discarded lines. I doubt if that number of foxes were killed or injured by hounds in the same period of time.

To add to the cases of these unfortunate water fowl must be the thousands upon thousands of fish, who after being impaled on a fish hook, are, often with damaged mouths or gills, thrown back into the water to continue suffering. Little or nothing is ever said or written about this form of cruelty and I often ask myself the reason for this. Hunting is incorrectly of course, considered to be the pastime only of the so called gentry whereas fishing is mainly the sport of the average man in the street.

I accept that the majority of anti hunt protesters have the welfare of the animals at heart but I am afraid that their ranks are swelled by a large number of our left wing brothers who use the anti hunt lobby to advance their anti class warfare.

I abhor hunting and feel strongly that it should be banned but in order to produce a fair and just law our politicians should include in their bill not only hunting with hounds but any sport, angling included, which inflicts cruelty on any creature great or small.

R W SELWAY

Burden Close

Stratton St Margaret

Swindon

At least this one has an address!

Jim Roper

http://www.countryside-alliance.org

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

That is absolute bo**ocks of course, so I hope you wrote in to ask from which particular RSPCA reprt this information was gathered. These people deal in lies, and should be countered at every opportunity. We must keep the pressure on to make them qualify these idiotic statements, until they realise they are fighting a lost cause.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Just read this thread.

what is it with all the anti London Rhetoric,

It is just probable that this Wo(man) is using a W.1 address so that ( in their mind) they'll be taken more seriously.- And isn't this thread proof?

Maybe if they had used J. Bloggins, north street, small villageville, u.k .- it wouldn't have had the same impact.

THIS IS NOT A CITY VERSUS COUNTRY WAR- whatever others might try to make out it is.

If it were How come when I fished in Shrops last week, the place was full of Birmingham anglers.

Who are the guys who fish the River lea week in/ week out.

who the hell are those mad men on the G.U canal in Camden.

Or on the Serps

Don't start splitting on geographical lines, there are enough splits due to styles etc.