Now let's ban fishing

Colin Brett

Sorry, I should have added a graphic of a tongue in cheek!

Like I said, conspiracy theorists can have a hayday.

Now who was the first on this thread to point a finger?

Surely, out of 6,000,000 anglers, someone knows another Theresa Thom!

There are a few families called 'Toms' in this area.

Could Thom be a foreign name like Waller.

I've think I've blown up the hydraulic pump on the digger!

Jim Roper

[ 08. September 2002, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Roper:

I've think I've blown up the hydraulic pump on the digger!

Jim Roper

Jim, the need for a million worms everytime you go barbel fishing is long gone. Can't you use a simple spade like everyone else? P.S. Hope you reinstate the lawn after getting your worms.

[ 09. September 2002, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Coincidence! I think not.

My local EDP carried Mss. Thom's letter last Wednesday. Today there is a well worded bit of spin telling anglers to go on the CA March. What sort of replies are being published elsewhere? Any promoting the CA and its march?

My local paper tells me that 18 papers published the Theresa Thom letter. Interstingly they tell me that the very next day two almost identical letters were received telling anglers to react to Mss Thoms letter because ANGLING IS NEXT! It was then realised that it was a campaign set-up and those two letters were pulled. The voice at the other end of the line said that he felt my suspicions re the source of those letters was probably right, nice man!!n Ah, its stopped raining, I'm off!!

Peter Waller:

The voice at the other end of the line said that he felt my suspicions re the source of those letters was probably right, nice man!!n Ah, its stopped raining, I'm off!!

Did you ask him for the return Email address?

Jim Roper

http://www.march-info.org

Further to my previous posting the following is a letter I have just sent to the Cambridge News.

"Attn. of The Editor.

Letter "Now let's ban fishing"

It may interest you to know [you may already] that this letter appeared in at least 18 other newspapers around the country at roughly the same time. All written by the same Teresas Thom and all containing the same false claims and accusations.

If this letter arrived with you by email, is it possible for you to verify the source? If so I would be very surprised!!

Also the address given could also be a bit suspect. I find it slightly irritating that I can give a legimate email and home address and be expected to take the consequences, while Anti-fishing organisations can get away with an office or made up address.

This leaves me wondering if your and other newspapers actually check to see if proper names, addresses, and email addresses are legitimate."

Colin Brett

Jim Roper:

Jim Roper:

The voice at the other end of the line said that he felt my suspicions re the source of those letters was probably right, nice man!!n Ah, its stopped raining, I'm off!!

Did you ask him for the return Email address?

Jim Roper

http://www.march-info.org

Ask me no questions Jim and I can tell you no lies.

Colin Brett:

Hi all,

Take a look at the following link and see 3 replies [including mine]to the T[h]eresa Thom letter.

Had a quick look. Did not notice any reference to the CA march!

Jim Roper

Jim Roper:

Jim Roper:

Hi all,

Take a look at the following link and see 3 replies [including mine] to the T[h]eresa Thom letter.

Had a quick look. Did not notice any reference to the CA march!

Jim Roper

No Jim, nor did I. Perhaps they cottoned on as did my local E.D.P! Didn't notice a response from the NAA either!!