Now let's ban fishing

Colin Brett

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter, a correction.

I am not a member of the CA, but I am prepared to believe that "the enemy of my enemy, is my friend".

I wrote to the EA in support of livebaiting in the Lake District, not because I wanted to fish there using that method.

I objected to the ban on handguns, not because I want to own one.

I will be marching in the Freedom March, not because I want to go foxhunting.

When they come after Angling, I will write letters and I will march.

I do believe in certain basic freedoms and I am fed up with their general errosion.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Well you can't say "fairer than that", good on yer, Cranfield.

Look out for an AN T shirt,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

"I am not a member of the CA, but I am prepared to believe that "the enemy of my enemy, is my friend"."

That includes the BNP then?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Peter, The March is organised by the Countryside Alliance, anyone can attend, even you and the BNP.

My enemy/friend comment referred to the CA not the BNP, as you well know.

"My enemy/friend comment referred to the CA not the BNP, as you well know."

Just as I thought, the C.A. is an anti-Labour organisation rather than pro-countryside lobby that it pretends to be.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I,m usually pretty good at doing the cryptic clues in the crosswords, but your little comment there, has flown over my head.

Are you suggesting that, as I am not a member of the Countryside Alliance or the British National Party, I am anti Labour ? :confused:

Have I missed something here? What's with the BNP? Is the idea that Cranfield is some sort of uber-Tory whose very presence at the march damns the CA to being dismissed as reverse class warmongers? Or is it something more sinister?

Can't work it out... :confused:

(Clearly Cranfield's post and mine arrived at the same time!)

[ 17. September 2002, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: DMCA ]

Cranfield, basically you and I agree on most issues. However I don't see the CA as an enemy of my enemy, therefore my friend. I see it as a body that is using 'angling' very cynically to its own ends. Therefore I see the CA as an enemy. Your other points, however, are spot on.

Where we differ is that I am not anti-Labour! I admit to voting Labour as a means of voting against Conservatives. In other words, at the moment, I'm anti-Conservative. So, from that point of view, we are miles apart, for the time being!