Pike Fish/Teach in Update

Guest BUDGIE

On a slightly more pleasant Piking note-

At last (due to Lynn's hard work) we have a venue.Les Webber from "Angling Projects" (an angling charity for disadvantaged kids)has kindly offered us the use of his hut and small water.The water is situated next to Wraysbury 1 at Welley Road,Wraysbury.Not too sure of the exact travel directions my self yet! any unsure ask Lynn!If everyone is in agreement I propose that we all put in £5 this will cover lunch and a donation to Les's charity in thanks for the use of his facilities.On the day I sugest that we start with a quick chat about tackle/rigs/how to make traces etc.We will then move on too handling and unhooking skills.We can all then go and try to put this into practice on the water.If you have no Pike gear dont worry,still come and I will sort you out.The next hurdle is to decide on the date.It would have been nice to have it over the seasonal break as week days are better for me.But as with all these proposed get togethers it is best to get a date that will help maximum turn out.I had looked at the 28th of December but this may now be to short notice.Lets try and come up /go firm on a date.If it has to be in the new year then so be it.I would find a weekday better but if this isn't possible then not a problem.I await your sugestions.

28th is fine with me & I will be there to do lunches, & help with the fishing. I will bring my rods for someone to use. I am no expert but I can teach someone how to handle/unhook a fish.

lyn

Originally posted by lyn:

Whoops! I forgot to add that 'Projects' has a large clubhouse with full facilities not a hut eek.gif

lyn

OOOOOOOPS!Sorry redface.gif

Guest darrell.cook

I can make the 28th,if Gray and Paul want to go we can travel together.

Been really looking forward to this,nice one Budgie and Lyn

Guest Graham E

Budgie/Lyn, I will try and get down if possible. Just is Waterman is on the Pats same day and I will try and see him also/

Lyn, please let me know if Les wants any fishing medals, I have about 12, he would just need to take the plaque off and they would make great fishing awards for him to use for his groups. They are just sitting in the cupboard.