Pike Fish/Teach in Update

Guest BUDGIE

Yup, it was nice to put some faces to names even if I only managed a fly-by, and I thought it was a good turn out given the prevailing conditions. Thanks Lyn and Budgie, hopefully next time I'll have more time and perhaps a rod or two.

The thing that struck me most however was just what an impressive facility Angling Projects is. Perfect pegs for juniors on a nice size lake and a great club house. Pity there aren't more facilities like this throughout the country.

Guest Keith Truscott

Hi you lot,

Have just read postings on this subject and very sorry I missed it. my sincere congratulations go to Budgie, Lyn and all concerned for organising what sounds like a very successfull and enjoyable day.

Surely this is what fishing and AN is all about and Les's facilities soung like a very worthwhile cause for us all on AN to support, perhaps rather than buying a bench on the Severn for the vandals to desecrate we should adopt Les's organisation in Gordons name for future fund raising events. I am sure that Gordon would have apreciated it as it is putting something back in to the sport he loved.

Keith

Originally posted by Keith Truscott:

Hi you lot,

Have just read postings on this subject and very sorry I missed it. my sincere congratulations go to Budgie, Lyn and all concerned for organising what sounds like a very successfull and enjoyable day.

Surely this is what fishing and AN is all about and Les's facilities soung like a very worthwhile cause for us all on AN to support, perhaps rather than buying a bench on the Severn for the vandals to desecrate we should adopt Les's organisation in Gordons name for future fund raising events. I am sure that Gordon would have apreciated it as it is putting something back in to the sport he loved.

Keith

Hi Keith, do you know I am really looking forward to meeting you at Kempsey, even if you didn't want to take up my offer wink.gif

I think what you have suggested is a wonderfull idea, I am a bit biased when it comes to 'Angling Projects' as 1. it is one of my favourite charaties & 2. I know just how much work Les & his team put into fishing. They hold a series of matches throughout the year so we could always have a 'Gordon Scott' shield or something.

Anyway some more food for thought.

Oh, by the way, I phoned Les this evening & thanked him once again & told him to look in & read everyones postings & thanks, so he will have seen by now what you have all said.

Lyn