Best Fluorocarbon line ?

kestrel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought X line 20lb after reading all the comments, will let you know how good or bad I think it is in a few months time , once its seen some water.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Interesting read I should really have spent a bit more time reading the forums before I went out and bought more mainline but we'll see.

Last year was my first year back fishing in 16 years due to my son wanting to go and after a few sessions I decided to get geared up and get back into it since then I have bought a good whack of reasonable carp gear and hit a few resevoirs.

Obviously due to not being in the know I sought out this forum and read into different things via the usual sources and discovered the flouro argument. first outing I went with sensor mainline and a flouro hooklink whick promptly broke at the knot on the first decent take (since discovered the palomar which i think was the error) but after that i went straight onto coated braid for hooklengths and haven't bothered with flouro. Since then I have read a bit more and I have got a bulk spool of Yo Guri (yu gi oh yo sushi?) line on its way to try, apparently its a hybrid and the reviews I found on it seemed good so we'll see how it goes. Unfortunately it'll hardly be a fair test as i would expect my journey along the learning curve to go on (can't remain this duff forever :D ) so it'll hardly be a fair test or all that informed but it'll certainly be unbiased

• 4 weeks later...
I'll be using different mainline next season for the tench and bream fishing, having used nothing but Sensor for many years. I feel like I need better abraision resistance because the Sensor does get roughed up on the bars quite a lot, and it's then a pain chopping it off, moving the line marker, etc. So I am going to give either Pro Gold or Pro Tough a go.

What did you go for in the end, Andrew?

After going all round the houses with braid and flouro coated lines I've just ordered a bulk spool of good old Catana in 8lb!

What did you go for in the end, Andrew?

After going all round the houses with braid and flouro coated lines I've just ordered a bulk spool of good old Catana in 8lb!

Hi Rob. I got a bulk spool of 10lb Pro Tough in the end. I'm going to give it a good go this season and see how it stacks up against Sensor.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Rob. I got a bulk spool of 10lb Pro Tough in the end. I'm going to give it a good go this season and see how it stacks up against Sensor.

Guess what arrived from Northwest Angling Centre today?

A spool of 8lb Ultima Power Carp!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHH! :angry:

To be fair they've since asked me to send it back and they'll get me a spool of Catana in 8lb :D

Edited by Rob Ward