Monkey Man

Elton

The Beat actually played Kidderminster (My home town) town hall in October and I couldn't make it. I was gutted.

Still, It might be better to remember them as they were rather than going to watch a bunch of old men on stage staggering about with dodgy hips.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Does my ancient brain let me down again, or was the original 'Monkey Man' done by Toots and the Maytals'? Vey, vey, important that we know, obviously. ;)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Does my ancient brain let me down again, or was the original 'Monkey Man' done by Toots and the Maytals'? Vey, vey, important that we know, obviously. ;)

Yep. A good deal of Ska tracks are reggae covers.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The Beat actually played Kidderminster (My home town) town hall in October and I couldn't make it. I was gutted.

Still, It might be better to remember them as they were rather than going to watch a bunch of old men on stage staggering about with dodgy hips.

The Beat are still one of the best live bands from that era I've seen, no dodgy hips on them, well worth seeing if you get the chance

Edited by snakey1

Yep. A good deal of Ska tracks are reggae covers.

Elton

Ska was a precursor to rocksteady and reggae. Ska combined elements of Caribbean mento and calypso with American jazz and rhythm and blues. It is characterized by a walking bass line accented with rhythms on the upbeat and originated in Jamaica in the the late 1950s.

Music historians typically divide the history of ska into three periods: the original Jamaican scene of the 1960s (First Wave), the English 2 Tone ska revival of the late 1970s (Second Wave) and the third wave ska movement, which started in the 1980s (Third Wave) and rose to popularity in the US in the 1990s.

One theory about the origin of ska is that Prince Buster created it during the inaugural recording session for his new record label Wild Bells. The session was financed by Duke Reid, who was supposed to get half of the songs to release. However, he only received one, which was by trombonist Rico Rodriguez.[citation needed] Among the pieces recorded were "They Got to Go", "Oh Carolina" and "Shake a Leg". According to reggae historian Steve Barrow, during the sessions, Prince Buster told guitarist Jah Jerry to "change gear, man, change gear. The guitar began emphasizing the second and fourth beats in the bar, giving rise to the new sound. The drums were taken from traditional Jamaican drumming and marching styles. To create the ska beat, Prince Buster essentially flipped the R&B shuffle beat, stressing the offbeats with the help of the guitar.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.