rod licence expiry?

Phil Adams

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to the post office, you can buy a licence and dictate the starting date. So you can buy now for a starting date of 1/4/05. It simply won't be valid until then.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Alan Stubbs:

If you go to the post office, you can buy a licence and dictate the starting date.

Sorry but that's a bit misleading, the licence runs from 1st April until 31st March.

EA licence details

[ 17. January 2005, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: ajp ]

Phil

New licences for the next year 05/6 are not yet available from the Post Office and will be marked with the appropriate year and colour coded to allow for quick identification by EA baliffs. You cant buy this years license and date it for next year as it will be invalid still better value to buy a years permit than to purchase weekly or day ones. This years licence expires on 31.03.05.

Hope this helps

Phil, same thing happened to a mate of mine who last week decided he wanted to get back fishing bought his rod licence (14/01/05)on-line @ the EA's website, and then only afterwards discovered he has paid the full £23 for 2.5months worth of fishing and not a calander year's fishing :(

The current rod licence is valid from 01 April 2004 to 31 March 2005.

So your Dad and my mate will need to buy again (as will we all) for next year which is valid from 01 April 2005 to 31 March 2006

hope this is of some use.......

A one day licence will cost £3. If you think you'll only get out a couple of times before the end of march then that might be the way to go. You can even get a one day licence on-line from the EA. If he's going to be out once a week until the end of the season then buy a full licence, it works out at about £2 per trip.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'