maggot feeder rig

jackhammer

Thanks for all the help guys, weather seeems to be clearing up before 12 tomorow, so I should be able to fish AND stay dry :)

Went to a new fishing shop this morning bough some new groundbait to experiment with, some snap links and an open ended feeder :)

Will give you guys my results and upload some pictures later tomorow.

I'm still gonna take my float gear incase the feeder has no success.

Everyone pray to thor to keep the weather off tomorow. :)

Is there any point putting a stop above the feeder, not exactly as a bolt rig, but to stop the feeder coming all the way up the line. (I'm thinking of in-line feeder set-up)

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

You can make your hooks lenghs up on the bank if you like but i choose to tie all mine at home and store them in the blue preston hook length boxes. i just find it easier to tie perfect knots when im at home warm and dry.

i do agree that nothing is easier than sliding your feeder up the line to adjust your hook lengths but once all your rigs are tied you can just have one baited up and ready to change between casts.

The quick change beads and snap link swivel has made life so easy and all i do is make up different length hook lengths with different sized hooks and hair rigs and like u say just one knot and im away.

Its especially effective when using the guru pellet cone as u can make up many cones and thread them on the hooklength ready to just clip on and use .

As a match angler i was on to these like shot when they first came out 4 or 5 years ago and for a while if you werent using one you were at a serious disadvantage , nowdays their just a part of the furniture weapon in every matchmans arsenal .

Edited by tony tinca

Is there any point putting a stop above the feeder, not exactly as a bolt rig, but to stop the feeder coming all the way up the line. (I'm thinking of in-line feeder set-up)

There is no need to worry about the feeder moving up the main line. the weight of the feeder on the cast pushes it forward to the bead and when it hits bottom and you tighten up to get a slight bend in your quiver tips. your pulling the line through the feeder to the bead anyway.

Adding a stop behind the feeder turns it into a semi fixed rig. if the feeder is heavy it can act as a bolt rig. but you should see bites in the tip before really.

If it's the leger stops that are composed of a sleeve and a little cone-shaped plug, I dislike them because I feel they compromise the strength of your line. I much prefer the rubber variety of the float-stop ilk. Even float-stops themselves suit the job, so long ad they are tight enough for the line diameter in question.

Failing that, I'd use a suitable swivel and a bead to protect the knot.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...